Queen of the Mississippi Cruise Review by chris242424: Relaxing Week Exploring the Mississipi River

chris242424
Member Since 2013

Relaxing Week Exploring the Mississipi River

Sail Date: April 2013
Destination: USA
Embarkation: Other

I thoroughly enjoyed a week on the Queen of the Mississippi. I was traveling with my mother. We were delighted to meet several other mother/daughter and aunt/niece groups who were booked on our cruise. Our balcony stateroom was spacious and impeccable. We enjoyed the wide range of activities at each port, from visiting a civil war battlefield, to shopping, to exploring museums, plantation homes, and towns; there was always something to do. The highlight of our trip was the boat docking at the end of Oak Alley Plantation and wandering around the property.

When cruising down the river, we enjoyed chatting with other passengers, reading on the sundeck, and the on-board entertainment. We found the food to be excellent, portions to be plenty, and the kitchen staff very accommodating with my food allergy. Our cruise ended in New Orleans just in time for Jazz Festival. Less

Read more Queen of the Mississippi cruise reviews >>