“Poor experience!”
Cruise review of Celebrity Infinity

Petit Syrah Celebrity Infinity 2 Poor experience!
Petit Syrah
Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
The name (theme) of the cruise "Wine Immersion" was the deciding factor for booking this trip. Unfortunately, it was very little about wine. Wine tastings were pathetic - cheap wines, badly organized events. Luckily we have booked (privately) tours in Saint-Emillion and Porto and were able to enjoy some good wines. The wine service at dinner time was incredibly bad! It was our first Celebrity cruise, and we expected great things (reading some reviews) but the sommelier (I don't even think I can call her that - she had no wine knowledge at all) was very rude, and eventually we had to complain to her boss. All the wines was sold at approximately 500 %(!!!) of the cost. The food was, at best, mediocre: every time I ordered fish (I've tried 5 different types)I was given something completely dry and inedible. Also the waiter could never remember who ordered what. We were at the late dinner table 119 (10 people), and the only bright spot in the service was the assistant waiter Bernadette from Mexico (she is the only one who received tips. Breakfast buffets had no variety - it literally was the same stuff EVERY DAY. The waiters at the 10-th deck were in disarray - we were waiting 15-20 min to get a simple drink. The entertainment was non-existent on the ship - everything they did was on the high school production level. The "singer" at the bar deck should change her profession to something else - she had no voice and couldn't hold the tune - I was embarrassed for her. Swimming pools were drained all the time (closed for whole day). You would think that at the "Wine Immersion" cruise they could "introduce" an inexpensive bottle of a local wine at some stops, but that idea has never come to the cruise company. Poor experience!
Celebrity Infinity Cruises to the British Isles & Western Europe

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Infinity Review
Celebrity Infinity Cruises to the British Isles & Western Europe
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?