Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by tenged: Our time aboard the Carnival Splendor was splendid

tenged
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Splendor Bahamas Cruises

Our time aboard the Carnival Splendor was splendid

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

We (my husband-his first cruise-and I) left for the Bahamas out of NY on Sat., Sept 14th & began our 8 days of fun! It was our 1st Anniversary & he had emailed a request ahead of time to have our cabin decorated & as we were escorted into our room by our Room Steward, Ponji (whom I cannot say enough wonderful things about), I saw all around me beautiful & sweet decorations. Whoever in the Hotel Dept. did that did such a wonderful job! I wish I could've thanked them in person but this is the best way I can for now. Our Dining Staff was amazing! Of all of my prior 6 Cruises, the service on this one far exceeded any other. And the food was just to die for! I loved the section in the menu that allowed me to be adventurous & try my frog legs! I have seen many, many shows on Cruise ships & will not say anything derogatory but found the Entertainment staff on the Splendor to be the best so far-the shows & music styles might not be for everyone but I love diversity More & that's what I got! On the first night they offered "Dancing With The Cast" & I was in heaven-not only did I get to learn dances that I always wanted to but the dancers were cute! Oh, and they were very sweet by not complaining when I stepped on their toes :) VROOM was the single best show I ever saw! Loved the music, costumes, dancing...We played all kinds of trivia, Bingo a few times a day & each day fell more in love with the sound "Woo Hoo" that meant Malcom was near-either in person or over the PA. Throughout our time aboard we encountered so many smiling faces (not just because I rode in a wheelchair), received friendly "hellos" & started to recognize faces (on a ship of 3,000-wow!) that by the last day we were ready to turn around & start over & ask everyone to stay with us. I am physically home bound & there must have been something magical on board the Splendor because I had the energy every day to go from morning to much later at night than I ever expected I could do (or have done for 10 years) with excitement & no nap! I became so fond of our Room Steward that I might have made him the first towel heart ever made by a guest on the 2nd to last night & he couldn't thank me enough-just sooooo nice!

I didn't even touch on the excursions but that would be another multi page review. The one we chose was ideal & better than the descriptions!

In closing, I can only speak from my experience, which was wonderful, and say that Carnival is without a doubt my favorite Cruise Line & the Splendor is my favorite ship & Malcom is my favorite Cruise Director! Less

Read more Carnival Splendor cruise reviews >>