Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by kridder814

Embarkation: Galveston
Cabin Category: 8D
Shore Excursions 5+

25th Anniversary Cruise

Refurbishment of the Carnival Triumph (what I saw) left the ship with a nice presentation on the Lido deck. However, the design of that deck left me in awe of the idiocy of the layout. The space available for walking from here to there (no matter where you are going) does not leave room for someone to fill a coffee cup (or water, or tea, or lemonade) while two people pass each other behind. Nevermind the lines for food wrapping into the walkways. My wife and I found it easier to go down the stairs to deck 8, and walk to the other end of the boat and then go back up the stairs. Deck 4 (where some of the dining rooms have entrances) has a similar problem in that you must traverse the ship on a different deck in order to get to the dining room entrance. You are unable to walk the length of the ship on deck 4. Created more elevator problems than were necessary in my opinion. Wife and I climbed up and down stairs, again, to deck 5...

The "Bottomless Bubbles" program is a joke! By that, I mean, RIPOFF! I don't always WANT a soft drink, but when I saw the one price for the "unlimited" drinks, I signed-on for the trip. Caveat: you MUST wait at a bar and request your soft drink. The bartenders will get around to getting your drink when they do... The fifteen percent tip they get for serving alcohol is not on your soda, so... guess who they serve first! I hope this gets fixed - BEFORE Carnival gets the reputation of having children waiting in line at the bars...

The room was nice and the steward was ALWAYS helpful and pleasant! The dining room was enjoyable and I liked the "Didja" section of the menu! The wait staff were always accomodating, and never ceased to strive to please. They were not as good as the ones on our last cruise, though.

The excursion we took, La Casa en La Playa, was AWESOME!! Best day of the cruise!! Exceeded expectations at every turn!!!

All in all, we had fun. I would hesitate to recommend the 4-day cruise to anyone, unless they only wanted a 4-day party. I will look for a longer cruise and try a ship with a better layout.

Publication Date: 09/26/13