“7 day Southern Caribbean”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas

messin44 Jewel of the Seas 4 7 day Southern Caribbean
messin44
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

We flew to Puerto Rico a day before and enjoyed our stay at the Marriott Resort and Stellaris Casino as we have in the past. Boarding the ship was Painless. We checked in and they opened the gate and we were on. No problems at all. The ship was nice but in need of updating in some areas, but very clean. The crew were great. they just did everything and more to make your vacation enjoyable. The food was very good too up to the the next to last night. that meal was not good at all. Not sure what happened there. The Chops Grill was very good. My steak was perfect as were the meals of the other couples with us.

We booked an excursion in Aruba, Sunset Catamaran sail. When we went out to get on the catamaran, the gate was locked and no one had a key. They eventually got the gate open, but we gave up by then and went back on the ship and went to dinner, It was Lobster night!!Very good meal!! Standing in a parking lot with almost 100 degree heat waiting for a key was not fun. We got reimbursed for that Excursion. We also went on A St. John's Champagne catamaran excursion from St. Thomas and it was top notch!! Snorkeling was amazing, saw turtles, sting rays, and many fish. The beach was great and the crew was so much fun!! I suggest doing this if you go there. I will suggest if you do book,to make sure there isn't a large group booking like we experienced on this cruise. Over 400 of the loudest most obnoxious group I have ever experienced on a cruise. If I had known of this, I would have booked a different cruise date. So inquire about something like this before booking.All in all, we had a fantastic time. It takes a lot for us not to enjoy a cruise. Although not our favorite, I would suggest this ship. Europe cruise next!!

Jewel of the Seas Cruises to the Southern Caribbean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Jewel of the Seas Review
Jewel of the Seas Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?