Pre-cruise hotel was the Pan Pacific Concierge Floor Harborside Room - everything was excellent - especially that the bell service took our bags from the hotel and the next time we saw them was in our stateroom.
Highlights of the NCL Cruise:
1. Cabin 4249: NCL relocated our room to the aft as requested so we had easy access to aft outdoor deck and Seven Seas dining. Even though it was small (cozy) it had room for our belongings, had a big port hole window, was quiet, and very convenient. Max the attendant was really excellent.
2. Itinerary: A highlight of the cruise was that Captain Goran took the ship on a special tour of nearby islands in the Straits of Georgia - it was like a mini-cruise of the inside passage. Absolutely wonderful. The NCL Sun is particularly well-suited to viewing the scenery with huge windows on the 11th floor - terrific views on both sides as well as the glorious outdoor deck up there. Another highlight was docking right in front of the America's cup race course - what a wonderful location!
3. Food: We used the Seven Seas dining room for most meals. The first night was surf N turf and each meal after that was just as excellent. The fresh baked breads were a treat. The chicken dishes were cooked perfectly. We had the Brazilian specialty restaurant as the full moon rose over the Oregon Coast. Superb.
4. Restful and quiet - the NCL Sun was quiet because NCL limits overhead announcements throughout the day. Thank you, NCL!
5. Tours - Astoria was really fun with their trolley along the waterfront and their excellent Maritime Museum. In Los Angeles we took the "Beaches" tour bus instead of sitting for 8 hours at LAX. It was very informative and the last stop for lunch at Santa Monica was sunny and beautiful. We highly recommend the "beaches" tour. Virgin America non-stop to Seattle for $74 one way was a bargain and an enjoyable flight.
6. Casino - just an observation - I never saw new decks of cards being publicly counted and then added to the automatic shufflers as required by the Nevada Gaming Commission. But of course we were not in Nevada.
7. Overview - NCL delivered the vacation we wanted. We love that "have it your way" really works well.