Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by dlafoot1: Wonderful experience

Wonderful experience

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

This was my first NCL cruise. I liked the Freestyle. The 'dress up' night was listed as 'dress up or not'. I put on a pair of slacks and a dressier top and flats.

The service was excellent. I did not mind the $12 added to your bill daily as it took care of the tipping for the team you don't see that often. We did give the cabin steward and extra boost as all of my service needs were either met or exceeded my expectations.

This was my first Alaskan cruise. Before traveling, I had read that if you are going to cruise Glacier Bay, try to book an 'Aft-Facing' balcony. We did and it was certainly worth it. A panoramic view without leaving the cabin. Awesome!

The only downside was the sit-down meal we had at Indigo. Hated it. So we just had all of our meals at the buffet, except for the really late-night snacks on deck 8 - mid. (I forgot the name). There they have wings, burgers, salads, and dessert, etc. Nice for late night. The food at the buffet was very good. More I enjoyed every meal. Such a wide selection for every palate. I really like the 'Washy Washy' to keep down germs. They made it fun.

We booked all of our tours through NCL. I was not disappointed. The Mendenhall and Whale Watching in Juneau was excellent. So too was the Yukon Scenic Drive in Skagway. Unfortunately because of weather issues, we did not make it to Ketchikan. Victoria, BC, because we knew we would not be in until 6:30pm, we decided to just get off and take a taxi into town. We were fortunate in that we hooked up with two very nice couples from Tennessee, who invited us to ride with them. We had a great time and got some really good pictures of downtown Victoria. From the chocolate shoppe, I got a few of the Espresso Bombs - wow !!! I also got a box of the After Dark chocolate to bring home. Soooo gooood.

Embarkation and Debarkation was a breeze. We had decided to spend 2 nights in Seattle prior to the cruise. We stayed at the Marriott right across the street. Once we checked in and dropped our bags in our cabin, we got off and went back to Pike's Market for flowers and water. For Debarkation, we just rolled our own bags off and took the prepaid shuttle to the airport.

A wonderful time was had by all. Less

Read more Norwegian Pearl cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Pearl Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Pearl 9674

9674 - Aft-facing balcony - Great location - not a lot of wind - excellent for cruising the Glacier Bay.