Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by chipguy: Good low cost cruise

Compare Prices on Carnival Fascination Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Good low cost cruise

Sail Date: August 2013
Embarkation: Jacksonville

We are regular cruisers. Usually between Royal and Carnival. We have been on Fascination before, so we knew what to expect. The check in process was pretty quick, even though we got to the port at peak time. Our cabin was ready so we dropped off our carry ons.

The food is very adequate. The lobster tails were very good as was the prime rib and the fried shrimp. We had good but sometimes slow service in the dining room. No biggie... I was on vacation. Sometimes long lines at the buffet, but we have learned not to go at peak times.

Our cabin steward did a great job. We have never had any issues with our cabin stewards. They work hard and do a great job. 99% of the crew were very pleasant and very friendly.

The shows were also good as were the comedians.

I have noticed that Carnival is cutting back on some things, but that is expected. We noticed that there was no bands out and around the ship. we have enjoyed the bands out by the pool and near the More casino area. Still we feel we got a good value for what we paid for this cruise.

We didn't do much but wander around Nassau. We went to Junkanoo Beach for a couple hours. It is a public area just about a 10 minute walk from the ship. I do recommend the beach as it was nice. Not too big. Bring water shoes as there is alot of rocks in the water. Ask any police and they will direct you there. Don't ask a taxi driver, they will want to take you there.

We went to Little Stirrup Key. Very nice and relaxing island. Food over there was fair.

There was alot of kids on this cruise. Don't get me wrong, we love kids(3+4 grandkids). We had to experience them running all over the ship wildly. Not the cruise lines fault. Just crappy parenting.

Disembarkation was fairly quick. Could have been faster, but I'm generaly not a conplainer.

We forgot a watch in our bathroom. I called lost and found to report it when we got home, only 3 hours later. They took all the required information and said they would contact us in a couple weeks. Never heard from them so I called after three weeks. They said they mailed it to us the day prior. WOW there are still honest people out there.

Thanks Carnival for a great getaway. Less

Read more Carnival Fascination cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Fascination Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Fascination E154

Very loud as the galley was above us. Woke us up at night alot.