Azamara Journey Cruise Review by StillNotRetired: Crete - Azamara evening - NOT

Crete - Azamara evening - NOT

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Athens (Piraeus)

This is our 2nd cruise ever both on the Azamara Journey. The staff, food, boat is superb. What shocked me is how bad the Azamara evening in Crete was. To my understanding, this was the 2nd time Azamara had help this event in Crete.

Logistics were poor as the first group of people were tendered in around 5pm and the last group which I was in was at 6:15pm. The food and show did not start till 6:30ish which meant everybody before use had to sit around on hard plastic chairs for 1.5 hours plus with nothing to do.

The food was something that you would find in a cheap cafeteria. The wine was sitting on the table when we got there, and appeared to have been cooking under the sun for 1.5 hours, though one could really not call it wine as it smell more like paint thinner.

The entertainers were very skilled dances, but I don't know how many times I can see one group of people go around in a circle on stage.

Azamara said that if you confirmed that you were More going and didn't show, you would be charged $150 each. I would have rather had $75 each and I could have had a much better time and dinner looking over the seaside.

Sorry Azamara, you really need to rethink this one. Less

Published 09/25/13

Read more Azamara Journey cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Azamara Journey Review >>

Compare Prices on Azamara Journey Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

Cabin review: 046039 Club Oceanview Stateroom

Read All Club Oceanview Stateroom (04) Reviews >>

Have you taken a cruise before?
Thank you!