“Carnival Libery = Amazing”
Cruise review of Carnival Liberty

Mikenmesa Carnival Liberty 4 Carnival Libery = Amazing
Mikenmesa
Member Since 2013
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

I had previously taken this exact same cruise in January of 2012 we sailed out of Tampa on the Carnival Legend. That was a great trip but this time around I had an amazing time. I was sailing with my best friend. We sailed out of Miami this time around. Our stops included Cozumel, Belize, Isla Roatan, and the Cayman Islands. I could not have asked for an easier embarkation once we arrived at the port of Miami.. The ship holds almost 3000 passengers. That is a lot of people to share your vacation with. My only complaint was the safety drill, what is wrong with people they can't show up on time and get that over with quicker. Seriously, hurry up!

Overall The ship was beautiful. Very clean. The staff was very friendly. Our cruise director "Karl with a K" was very engaging and interactive. We saw a couple of shows in the beautiful theater. We went to a couple of the comic shows in the comedy club. Our cabin was nice and clean and had plenty of space for the 2 of us. The balcony was large and had a full deck chair plus 2 regular chairs and 2 little end tables. Our room was right over the night club and some nights it was hard to get to sleep because of the music.

Our 3rd port was at Mahogany Bay on Isla Roatan. (not listed in the port selection below) Its is a small island of the coast of Honduras. I love this beautiful tropical island. This is where I have done the dolphin encounter for the 2nd time. A small van or bus takes you on a 30 minute ride to the other side of the island to Anthony's Key Resort. Where you get to have your encounter with the dolphins. Such amazing and beautiful creatures. This time my excursion included a day at Tabayana beach. We thought that would be a perfect way to spend the afternoon after meeting the dolphins. We were wrong. This beach is crowded, and dirty. We were afraid to get in the water with all the garbage floating in from the sea. I am not talking sea weed I am talking real garbage, there were shoes, nail polish bottles, and wood and so much more it was just disgusting! There were people walking up and down the beach trying to sell you trinkets. It was far from being the quiet private beach we paid for. I would never do this beach again. I highly recommend the Dolphin encounter it is amazing and that's the reason I have done this excursion twice but you could not pay me to ever go to that filthy beach again.

Carnival Liberty Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

8F6442
Cabin 6442 had lots of closet space and storage space for my friend and I. The balcony was large with plenty od sitting space. It came with a full size deck chair like you find in any of the public areas of the ship and also had 2 regular size chairs and 2 small tables. The cabin is located directly above the nightclub and you hear and feel the music quite well.

Altun Ha

The Mayan ruins were amazing. The bus tour through the city to get there was not my favorite part. The tour guides give you a long history lesson about Belize. They were friendly for the most part. You can tell they had done this for a long time and the information they were giving you was just ok.

Port

This is my second trip to Cozumel and either time I have not done an excursion. I like walking thru the little village where the shops are. The first time we took a cab ride and it was not impressive. Kind of scary when you see armed guards on every street corner. That is the reason I decided to stay close to the port this time around. I am sure its a beautiful island and maybe someday I will see more of it.

Read 4,594 Cozumel Reviews
Turtle Farm
Do this excursion! The turtle farm was awesome. It is much bigger than you would think. Holding the baby turtles was about as cool as it gets. I was not aware of this before hand (we didn't get to stop here on my last cruise due to weather and rough seas) but on the Caymans they drive on the opposite side of the road and that was scary. It was a beautiful Island. It was my 2nd favorite stop of the cruise, after Isla Roatan. I would love to come here again someday and see more of the island.
Published 09/25/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Liberty Review
Carnival Liberty Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?