Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Mikenmesa

Cruise Date: September 2013
Cabin Category: 8F
Shore Excursions 5+

Carnival Libery = Amazing

I had previously taken this exact same cruise in January of 2012 we sailed out of Tampa on the Carnival Legend. That was a great trip but this time around I had an amazing time. I was sailing with my best friend. We sailed out of Miami this time around. Our stops included Cozumel, Belize, Isla Roatan, and the Cayman Islands. I could not have asked for an easier embarkation once we arrived at the port of Miami.. The ship holds almost 3000 passengers. That is a lot of people to share your vacation with. My only complaint was the safety drill, what is wrong with people they can't show up on time and get that over with quicker. Seriously, hurry up!

Overall The ship was beautiful. Very clean. The staff was very friendly. Our cruise director "Karl with a K" was very engaging and interactive. We saw a couple of shows in the beautiful theater. We went to a couple of the comic shows in the comedy club. Our cabin was nice and clean and had plenty of space for the 2 of us. The balcony was large and had a full deck chair plus 2 regular chairs and 2 little end tables. Our room was right over the night club and some nights it was hard to get to sleep because of the music.

Our 3rd port was at Mahogany Bay on Isla Roatan. (not listed in the port selection below) Its is a small island of the coast of Honduras. I love this beautiful tropical island. This is where I have done the dolphin encounter for the 2nd time. A small van or bus takes you on a 30 minute ride to the other side of the island to Anthony's Key Resort. Where you get to have your encounter with the dolphins. Such amazing and beautiful creatures. This time my excursion included a day at Tabayana beach. We thought that would be a perfect way to spend the afternoon after meeting the dolphins. We were wrong. This beach is crowded, and dirty. We were afraid to get in the water with all the garbage floating in from the sea. I am not talking sea weed I am talking real garbage, there were shoes, nail polish bottles, and wood and so much more it was just disgusting! There were people walking up and down the beach trying to sell you trinkets. It was far from being the quiet private beach we paid for. I would never do this beach again. I highly recommend the Dolphin encounter it is amazing and that's the reason I have done this excursion twice but you could not pay me to ever go to that filthy beach again.

Publication Date: 09/25/13