Cruise Review by campbti: Seabourne - Cruising at a whole new level

Seabourne - Cruising at a whole new level

Sail Date: August 2013
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

I have loved cruising for nearly 20 years. The being waited on, to excellent food, fun activities and visiting great new places each day, what is not to love about cruising. Well, Seabourne is doing it on a whole new level. The suites are superb, and for a girl who always overpacks a walk in closet was like a dream. Plenty of bathroom space was also a pleasant surprise.

While the boat was small (only 100 or so cabins) it was still roomy and luxurious. All of the food was amazing, I've been on a lot of cruises but this food was like a gourmet restaurant every day. We could even get fresh omelets and pancakes in our room for breakfast. The chef was so wonderful, he even took a group of us shopping in the market in Barcelona.

That sort of personal treatment from the staff is the real thing that sets Seabourne apart. By the 2nd or 3rd day the staff is calling you by name. They remember that I like Diet Coke for breakfast and at afternoon tea (i'm a little nuts). There More was never anything they couldn't get for you.

It felt like how you believe cruising was meant to be. Wake up and go see an amazing port then come back and sit out on deck and order a late lunch. Then afternoon tea with views of the sea and the sounds of piano or classic guitar. Cocktails and a 5 course meal before an evening of music and dancing. It really is how you dream the perfect vacation to be.

The only two issues I ad was that the black out shades weren't very "black out". I like pitch black to sleep. There also isn't any kind of club music. While I loved the singers, Darlene particularly was lovely. Sometimes I just want to dance to the latest club music. Literally that is all i have, the only things I could find wrong in 10 full days of cruising.

The little things come to mean so much, the pen that reception finds for you before you leave on an excursion, the two times maintenance comes to fix things and you don't even know they'd been there. If you think you don't like cruising (ships too big, too noisy, too many people) or if you haven't wanted to try...try Seabourne. I can't imagine a circumstance where you wouldn't love it. Less

Published 09/23/13

Read more cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Review >>

One of the most amazing cities I've ever seen. Check out as much Gaudi as you can, then cathedrals, museums (Picasso is a must - even if you hate modern art you will appreciate the work he put into it). there is literally no end to the things you can do and see here. Hop on Hop off tours are great, as the city is so big.

Read 1035 Barcelona Reviews

Beautiful city. Plenty to see just walking around or go out further to Monte Carlo or the surrounding area.

Read 74 Nice Reviews

Have you taken a cruise before?
Thank you!