Norwegian Star Cruise Review by cmltx: Love the Itinerary--disappointed with Norweigen Star

Norwegian Star 2

Love the Itinerary--disappointed with Norweigen Star

Sail Date: June 2013
Destination: Baltic Sea
Embarkation: Copenhagen

This itinerary to the five Baltic Cities (Berlin, Tallin, St. Petersburg, Helsinki and Stockholm) was great. The Star, however, was a disappointment. I had an inside room and tried repeatedly to upgrade with no success (even when the cost of my stateroom was lowered to $399 the week before the cruise).

The food was very disappointing, even in the Versailles Main Dining Room. I really did not like the open seating protocal (no set dining hours or tables)

My biggest issue with this ship was the disembarking in St. Petersburg. I had booked a private tour company. The first day there were people standing/sitting/pushing on the midship stairs from the 7th floor to the 4th floor waiting to get to Russian Customs. This was very dangerous and there was not one Ship Representative on any of these floors for crowd control. Also, it seems that the guests who booked the St.Petersburg Ship Tours were allowed off the ship first to get through the long wait for customs. We were 1hr More late for our private tour the first day in St. Petersburg.

The Star seems to have been designed for Carribean Cruises because there is no bar area at the front of the ship (like an Eagles Nest on HAL Ships) which is enclosed for forward view. It was too windy and cold to stand on the bow to view coming in through the Archipeligos to Stockholm, etc. There is no covered pool; just one pool outside with the slides. Less

Published 09/23/13

Helpful? Thank cmltx

Read more Norwegian Star cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Star Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Star Baltic Sea Cruises

Cabin review: IX Inside

My inside cabin was on the 10th level at the rear of the ship, 140sq.feet. It was acceptable, although with the $$$ I paid for this Group Booking, I should have been upgraded to a Balcony, the front desk, along with several representatives told me that they had no rooms available (I was told that the ship would be full with guests coming on board in Berlin).

Read All Inside (IX) Reviews >>
cmltx
Member Since 2010
105 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X