Viking Europe Cruise Review by 2onboardagain: A wonderful way to travel

2onboardagain
Member Since 2009

A wonderful way to travel

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
Embarkation: Other

We have traveled extensively on ocean cruises. This was our second river cruise and we were very pleased with our experience.

The embarkation process was quick and efficient and we were in our cabin within minutes of stepping aboard the Viking Europe.

The stateroom was clean comfortable and well organized for the storage of our belongings and luggage.

The dining experience was wonderful and since this was a French river cruise, focused on French meals that were wonderful tasting adventures.

The staff and service were outstanding. Friendly and helpful is how I would describe the crew of the Viking Europe. Even before we set foot on the Viking Europe, Telma, the concierge, helped to make our trip very special. The documents that Viking sent to us prior to leaving for our trip included an email address for the ship and since our air arrangements would get us to the ship in the late morning of our departure date, I made an inquiry as to the possibility More of visiting Pont du Gard before the ship set sail. Telma took the time to contact me before our trip and arranged a customized visit that fit perfectly into our schedule. Viking staff even made sure that those unavoidable pitfalls of travel such as lost luggage did not spoil our trip. When my bag failed to arrive with me in Marseille, the Viking agent at the airport was quick to assist me in making arrangements to have the bag forwarded to the ship as soon as it arrived on a later flight so that I could still complete my tour of Pont du Gard without having to wait at the airport to claim my luggage. That willingness to go above and beyond to make our trip special was evidenced by everyone that we came into contact with on the ship from the Program Director Rudy, to our cabin attendant Ana. I wish I could remember all their names to mention here because all of the crew had a hand in making this trip a very special memory.

Peter, the keyboard player on board, provided wonderful musical renditions for listening and dancing and a local group of singers came on board in Lyon to entertain us.

The Shore excursions were conducted by wonderful local guides and our Guide Stephanie in the town of Vienne surprised us by singing a wonderful rendition of Ave Maria while we were touring in a church that will be a lasting memory of this trip.

Disembarkation was as smooth and organized as the embarkation process. Our luggage was gathered at our door and placed next to our bus for our identification and loading on the bus for our travel to Paris for a post cruise stay.

In summary, this was one of the most relaxing and enjoyable cruises that we have experienced and we can not wait to travel with Viking again. Less

Read more Viking Europe cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Viking Europe Review >>

Cabin review: Viking Europe 218

A well organized space and a very convenient location on the ship. I would book this cabin again without hesitation.