Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by sassyonelady: Surprisingly Unexpected

Surprisingly Unexpected

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Other

I was unexpectedly surprised with the cruise!! I read the reviews on this cruise line and some of them were very helpful. Take one review that said they bypassed the Welcome Center and the timeshare presentation to receive your boarding pass vouchers and that no one asked for them anyway when checking in. Well, we were going to do just that, except that representative said that their was going to be such a long line to check in, and if we went to the 1 hour presentation we could get a VIP pass, that would allow us to bypass all those long lines. Wrong!!!

First of all the presentation was about an hour and a half, then the representative kept getting angry everytime we said NO to their offers. His boss had to talk to him when we were leaving. Then when we got to the ship around 2pm their were no lines..In fact it was almost empty. We wasted an hour and a half, but they DID ask for the boarding voucher!!!

But after we boarded, we went straight to our cabin..No More surprises there. The room was small, but very clean and neat. We paid extra for a window, but the room was smaller than if you got a regular inside cabin..The outside cabins with windows are 89 sq. ft. and the inside cabins with no windows are 144 sq. ft. Go figure!!!It was pleasant with the window, but not necessary..Go for the inside room...it's way bigger!!!!

Our attendant was Garry and he was superb..Our room was cold, I told him and he immediately got the technician and they fixed the room..If you want to avoid the loud announcements like every 10 - 15 minutes blaring in your room, there is a button behind the mounted TV that you can turn off.

Dinning was excellent at the Crystal dinning room..I would suggest that you choose this for both nights...We ate the first night at the Rio's, it was nice with the linen table cloths and the service was very good, however, the selection of food was limited and blase, buffet style..But the Crystal dinning room was spectacular in decor, style, service,food taste and presentation.

I would suggest instead of the Grand Lucaya excursion for $79, take the Taino Beach excursion for $29. It's a private beach, small, but private with a restaurant right there on the beach. They will even bring you your drinks or food right to your beach chairs on the beach. My husband and I had a great time on the beach..You can rent Jet ski's also.

I thought all and all for the price that you paid, the ship was surprisingly clean and decorated nicely, even though it was a small and old ship. We had a great time on this cruise ship! Less

Read more Bahamas Celebration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Bahamas Celebration Review >>

Cabin review: Bahamas Celebration 3244

No closet, Walls too thin, room too small. Quiet location.