Thomson Dream Cruise Review by k8ti: Mediterranean and Moorish Delight

Mediterranean and Moorish Delight

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

We set sail on the 7th September for a 14 day cruise and we encountered no problems at all with the flight only to be delayed at Palma for two hours due a problem with the carrousel. So hot and hungry we boarded the Dream. Embarkation was smooth and soon we were in our cabin. 5112. It was a inside cabin no upgrade just the basic but it was perfectly fine for our stay. Shower always hot and toilet flushed each time. Now that does not always happen. Our cabin was kept clean and tidy but the very likable Jie.

So hungry we met up with our family and hunted food. We came across the Lido deck and was not impressed at all by the food on offer in that cafeteria. After that we ate in the Orion or deck 11. Try the afternoon tea. I am missing them already.

We did have the misfortune to visit the medical center but the care and professional service we received was first class. Himself recovered quickly.Good job as that cost 50.00. We should be able to claim on the holiday More insurance but will have to look into that.

Thomson excel in their customer care and they should be proud of the hard working team they have on the Dream. We had two Cruise Directors as after the first week Bram flew home for his break and Steve took over the role. Very contrasting styles with Steve being more Show Man and joining the show team in a fantastic rendition of La Miserable. He also preformed a one man show and joined the Comedian in a duet on the late night show. Bram's style was to work along side the entertainment team more. As I said both contrasting but none the less a job well done.

The Entertainment team are a hardworking group of young men and women who's wish is to make you smile and I wish them all the very best in their futures. Shaun always had a smile on his face. We had a new Captain also. An English Man. Unfortunately I can not remember his name but he managed to sail the ship without any drama and always gave a short Daily Briefing to the passengers.

The ports of call were varied and I must say Motril was not my favorite if you did not do a tour then it should be looked at as another sea day. Nothing at all to do in walking distance of the ship.

I would highly recommend the Thomson Dream. A holiday that has left me with very happy memories. Less

Read more Thomson Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Thomson Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Thomson Dream 5118

Quiet location. Close to lifts. Bathroom more than adequate.

City Tour

(5.5)

Not enough time to explore. Must go back one day.

St. Paul de Vence Walking Tour

(5.5)

Fantastic.

We have previously visited so just pottered around. I lovely place to visit.

City Tour

(5)

Rushed we tried to do to much. Our fault not his.

Colosseum

Very interesting.

Historic Tour

Our Guide was very knowledgeable. A great day out.

Private Tour

Private Tour in Italy was fantastic. The communication before our trip them asking about our expectations, requirements were first rate and our Driver/Guide could not have been any better. I would highly recommend them.

Sistine Chapel

(5)

A whole day just would not give you enough time to digest the art.

Spanish Steps

Again so busy.

St. Peter's Basilica

WOW

Trevi Fountain

So packed. Did not expect it to be so noisy.

Vatican Museums

Rushed through by the guards.

Used the hop on hop off bus