Thomson Dream Cruise Review by k8ti

Cruise Date: September 2013
Embarkation: other
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: IN
See More About: Thomson Dream Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Thomson Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Thomson Dream Deck Plans
Mediterranean and Moorish Delight

We set sail on the 7th September for a 14 day cruise and we encountered no problems at all with the flight only to be delayed at Palma for two hours due a problem with the carrousel. So hot and hungry we boarded the Dream. Embarkation was smooth and soon we were in our cabin. 5112. It was a inside cabin no upgrade just the basic but it was perfectly fine for our stay. Shower always hot and toilet flushed each time. Now that does not always happen. Our cabin was kept clean and tidy but the very likable Jie.

So hungry we met up with our family and hunted food. We came across the Lido deck and was not impressed at all by the food on offer in that cafeteria. After that we ate in the Orion or deck 11. Try the afternoon tea. I am missing them already.

We did have the misfortune to visit the medical center but the care and professional service we received was first class. Himself recovered quickly.Good job as that cost 50.00. We should be able to claim on the holiday insurance but will have to look into that.

Thomson excel in their customer care and they should be proud of the hard working team they have on the Dream. We had two Cruise Directors as after the first week Bram flew home for his break and Steve took over the role. Very contrasting styles with Steve being more Show Man and joining the show team in a fantastic rendition of La Miserable. He also preformed a one man show and joined the Comedian in a duet on the late night show. Bram's style was to work along side the entertainment team more. As I said both contrasting but none the less a job well done.

The Entertainment team are a hardworking group of young men and women who's wish is to make you smile and I wish them all the very best in their futures. Shaun always had a smile on his face. We had a new Captain also. An English Man. Unfortunately I can not remember his name but he managed to sail the ship without any drama and always gave a short Daily Briefing to the passengers.

The ports of call were varied and I must say Motril was not my favorite if you did not do a tour then it should be looked at as another sea day. Nothing at all to do in walking distance of the ship.

I would highly recommend the Thomson Dream. A holiday that has left me with very happy memories.

Publication Date: 09/23/13