Louis Aura Cruise Review by donnazart: The MV Louis Awful formerly the Orient Queen

donnazart
Member Since 2013

The MV Louis Awful formerly the Orient Queen

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Istanbul

I wanted to get off before I had even started my cruise. How depressing!

My Superior Outside Stateroom consisted of single beds, 2 portholes and a closet for an ensuite. I have been on more luxurious car ferries!

The food was terrible as was a lot of the service. 2 small pools, 1 restaurant, an inside bar and an outside bar by the pool....it was simply a budget cruise ship that had definitely had its day in the sun.

By the end of the cruise the drinks staff did a 'go slow', so you didn't exceed your hefty priced drinks package. To get water at breakfast, lunch or dinner you had to bring your own or wait for ever. We mostly gave up on ordering drinks with our meals and waited until we had finished our meal and went into the bar to get a drink. Meal service was painful at times and the meals were not very nice. The buffet that was served outside was generally nicer than the a la carte.

The only thing that was done well was the cleaning staff and the More housekeeping.

I would not recommend this old ship to anyone! Less

Read more Louis Aura cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Louis Aura Review >>

Cabin review: Louis Aura

Small, old and beds uncomfortable. We paid for a superior outside stateroom and we got single beds, 2 portholes and a tiny ensuite with a shower that was so small and the shower curtain wrapped around you as you had a shower!