Carnival Pride Cruise Review by lovecruisin220

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Pride Cruise Review by lovecruisin220
Carnival Pride
Carnival Pride
Member Name: lovecruisin220
Cruise Date: September 2013
Embarkation: Baltimore
Cabin Category: 8C
See More About: Carnival Pride Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

sept 2013

Let me start by saying we have cruised the pride before. She was our first cruise and will always have a special place in my heart! that being said I did noticed some changes.

embarkation and disembarkation- super easy. we got to port around 1pm and were on the ship by 1:20pm. When leaving we decided to self assist since it was much faster than last time.

Ports- I love HMC (half moon cay) the island was beautiful! I can't wait to go back! we saw a ton of fish and my cousin was able to get a video of a sting ray right on the beach area. Grand Turk- we rented a golf cart and while it was nice to see what the island had to offer but I wouldn't do it again. There wasn't much to see. We went to the light house and prison, governor's beach then back to the touristy area. be prepared, there is a lot of donkey's along with their poop everywhere. P.s. Margaritaville has super strong drinks. Freeport- we stayed on the boat. we have been there before and don't care for the island. nice relax day.

food- LOVE the change they made with the pizza! my husband enjoyed it often. We noticed room service added foods to their menu since we last cruised. lido buffet is hit or miss I found one day they had these awesome seafood fritters. LOVED the taste bar! I really hope they keep it a nice change from sushi and I can walk on over when my husband is playing in the casino! dining room we only went 2 nights, we did your time dining. first night was a little wait maybe 10 mins and second we went right in. LOVED the brunch on sea days (get the cheesecake!)We also did the steakhouse on the first night for my husband's birthday which was new for us. I loved it! the food was amazing. Husband thought it was alittle to fancy for him (probably nicest restaurant he's ever been in) but he said best steak he's ever had that it melted in his mouth. I had surf and turf and it was amazing.

shows- We only went to Vroom cause it was our favorite from last time. Wish they would change them up from year to year. comedy club was fun, we hit that up a couple times.

stateroom- we have had this room before and it's why I booked again we love the location! the room did have some wear but nothing that bothered us. the wood on the vanity is showing wear and the balcony could use a fresh coat of paint. other than that our bed was super comfy and our steward Lloyd was on top of everything. such a nice guy and extremely hard worker.

We had an amazing cruise! couldn't have asked for better weather and I believe vacations are what you make them.. not everything is always going to go right! We are hoping to sail her again after her upgrades and before she leave for tampa :( that being said I will be honest on here and just judging from last time there are some things we noticed..

staffing- it seems as if there are cutbacks. We didn't see nearly as many workers as last time. good luck getting a drink in the main dining room (meaning alcoholic) we never saw a bar waiter same goes for on the lido deck we saw maybe 3 and last cruise they were everywhere. Also seemed as if our room steward had ALOT of rooms we often saw him down the hall cleaning and I mean way down.. like 30 room difference. An with the exception of a great bartender named Crina the workers from eastern European countries were not friendly. some just down right rude.

shaking- I don't know if it was just the time of the year or what but the vibrations from the boat were felt constantly.. I didn't bother us much but it was something new that I didn't experience last time.

Publication Date: 09/24/13