Star Princess Cruise Review by Nessa55

Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: BB
Cabin Number: A422
See More About: Star Princess Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Star Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Star Princess Deck Plans
Just back from Alaska on Star Princess

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised on this cruise. In the past with Carnival being my preferred cruise line, I got use to the drinks flowing all day, the party atmosphere and all the children. This cruise met all of my needs without having to deal with things that don't fit my lifestyle. I am not a drinker so not having the staff walking around all day trying to sell me drinks was a plus. I am not a late night party person so again, not having clubs that were open early into the mornings was also a great thing. I don't believe I saw one drunk person on our ship all week - yay. There was also an absence of children, all but a few babies and a couple 3-5 year olds.

I would say for young people (even young at heart) who love to drink and need that party atmosphere this would not have been the cruise for you. I am not sure if the absence of children was because we cruise in September and a lot of children are back in school or this is just not an itinerary for children, I am not equipped to answer that question.

I was also concerned about our cabin being right below the lido deck and hearing noise but there was no noise. During the day I could hear chairs if I was on the balcony which I spent a lot of time on especially in Tracy Arm but no noise in the cabin so go ahead and book the Aloha deck. It was a great location because we were right outside the stairs leading up to the lido deck so we did not have to wait for the elevator any time we wanted to go upstairs.

The thing that most impressed me about the ship was the organization. Some people complained about having to wait to get drinks, I actually saw this as a germ free plus, the staff provided the eating utensils as well as provided the drinks and this meant there was a lack of hand touching on stuff that made me feel very good and I never waited a long time for anything. I also liked the organization of the buffet which some people found bothersome. Waiting in line is what we do at buffets on all ships but I think it was just more noticeable on this one but for me more organized with a young lady always at the entrance to make sure you used that hand sanitizer, again germs people.

The ports were really great and we were located on the left side of the ship which was a plus because we were on the docking side of every port which made for some awesome pictures at every port - thank you so much.

My only negative was the shower - my God could they make that thing any smaller - lol but other than that my 7 days aboard the Star Princess to Alaska was an awesome experience and I am extremely happy.

Publication Date: 09/23/13