Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by sabres431: What an Amazing Ship!!!

sabres431
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

What an Amazing Ship!!!

Sail Date: September 2013

I am a 33 year old male who was on my honeymoon with my 26 year old wife. This was my first ever cruise and my wife's fourth. This review is based on my experience as a first time cruiser. I am the majority planner on our vacations and tend to do a lot of research which is what led me to Cruise Critic. Planning is definitely necessary for Oasis of the Seas.

We started our honeymoon in Disney World, then drove down to Ft. Lauderdale the Thursday before the cruise. We spent two nights at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Cruise Port. It is a very nice hotel within walking distance to most things. There is a CVS next door for any last minute things you may need. The only bad thing was one elevator was down while we were there and then on Saturday when we left the other elevator stopped working as well. They have a decent free breakfast, slow free wifi, and a nice pool. They also have a cruise shuttle, but we had a rental car from Hertz and used their shuttle to port. More

Embarkation was a piece of cake. We received a text, phone call, and email from royal Caribbean telling us not to arrive to port before 12:30pm. We ignored that and arrived at 10:30am. We were on the ship by 11:15am.

Our stateroom was #12538, the first cabin on the starboard side. The bed is located by the closet. The balcony was nice except we had neighbors who smoked and they were outside smoking ALL the time. Our attendant was Jairo who was phenomenal. We had quick access to the pool deck and shows. To go eat we would take the elevator down to either Central Park or Royal Promenade and walk to the MDR on Deck 3.

We had traditional dining in MDR at 6pm. Our waiter was Jose and his assistant was Jayson. They did a great job. One night we had an early show and they made sure dinner moved quickly enough for us to attend. The food was delicious! We only missed one night and we ate at the Windjammer that night. We only ate at WJ twice but even though it showed as red on the screens we had no trouble finding a table. Park Cafe and Cafe Promenade had great selections as well. The pizza at Sorrentos was very good and the doughnuts at the Doughnut Shop were just okay. We didn't do any specialty dining.

Oasis has no shortage of things to do. Hairspray was awesome. The water and ice shows were amazing. The comedians were great. Ron Lucas was the headliner and his puppets were hysterical. Come Fly with Me was good but didn't make much sense. We went to Quest, Love and Marriage show, multiple trivias, mini golf competition, soccer competition, zip line, and ice skating. After doing all that I'm sure we still missed a lot.

Disembarkation was a breeze. We got off the ship at 9am and were at the airport by 10:30am. We used the shuttle from Royal Caribbean so that was even with waiting on the bus for a little bit.

Overall it was a very relaxing vacation. I loved cruising and I'm sure at some point will do it again. Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck 12 12538

#12538 Deck 12, Room 538. Great location. You are right in line with the bridge so you can see officers every once in awhile. The bed is near the closet. I thought the room was a decent size for a cruise ship. We didn't use the balcony very much because our neighbors smoked the whole time. Very close to the elevators, the pools, and the Theaters. A bit of a walk to get to food. Otherwise a great location!

We just hopped on a water taxi to Atlantis. There isn't much to do there if you don't buy a pass. We wandered around the casino a little bit and then headed back to the ship.

Read 2624 Nassau Reviews

Island Tour

(5)

We used Bernard's Tours and did the beach intensive tour #2. We spent an hour and a half at Orient beach after visiting an iguana farm and a couple other scenic stops on the way. After Orient Beach we went to our meeting spot and found out our van had broken down. Bummer! But Bernard's quickly hired a taxi cab and had us transported to our next location, which was Marigold, while they repaired the van. We got about 20 minutes extra shopping time but that caused us to lose some time at Maho Beach. We arrived just in time to see a Jet Blue flight land. What an experience. It is their slow season so I'm not sure whether we missed any other flights coming or going. Overall I thought Bernard's handled the situation very well. Our guide was Sexy(his name :-P )and he was very knowledgeable. We were back to the ship in plenty of time to do a little shopping near the ship.

St. John Snorkel/Sail

(5.5)

We did the half day St. John Champagne Sail through the cruise ship. What a great time! There was a nice ride out to honeymoon beach on the catamaran. There was plenty of time to snorkel and/or hang out on the beach. On the way back we had a nice leisurely sail to St. Thomas. They provided cheese, bread, and fruit as well as rum punch and other drinks. I thought it was well worth it.