Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by exHirsch

Celebrity Summit
Celebrity Summit
Member Name: exHirsch
Cruise Date: September 2013
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: 09

Very Pleasant Experience with Celebrity

Embarkation was fast & easy. We were on the boat by 11:30 AM. We waited until after 6:30 PM for our bags. A VERY nice man from housekeeping saw my panic and went looking for our luggage and found everything. This was the first of several examples where the staff were really great. The bad thing was I had to rush to get ready, luckily we had the late diner

We have been on several cruises and this was very nice. The food was okay. Nothing special. I didn't have anything that was bad, but the choices were not extensive, especially if someone is picky. My husband and sister ate at both Normandy & Qsine. They really liked Normandy and said Qsine was just okay. Dessert at both was great. But at $45, I passed.

My sis and I both had a spa treatment. It was very nice. I did not get a hard sell on the products, but she did. I recommend waiting for the port days to get a special.

The ship was nice as were all the common areas. Some people complain about chipped paint. I do not look at the paint on the walls when I am traveling. There was nothing I noted that was in need of repair.

I really like the set up of the theater with the seats and lighted tables. Great if you order a drink.

We had an inside cabin on deck 3. It was a great location. Small as you would expect, but managable for two people. The shows were nice. I enjoyed the Celebrity singers and dancers, but didn't go to all the shows. The other performers were good. The comedian was awesome. The band, Flava, was great pool side but the music at the various bars, etc. was a little old for my taste.

We often enjoyed the late night music at the club. The later it got, the better the music was. The club did shut down around 2:30, which we thought was early.

We were 4 people so it was cheaper to take a taxi to the beach than go via the ship's excursion. Horeshoe bay is everything they say and more. This was my second time there and it was even more beautiful than I recalled. They facilities are fine and you can rent a chair & umbrella.

We got some misinformation about Harbor Nights. It was supposed to be one more week and we got the ferry to hamilton only to find out it had ended the prior week. Disapointing bc most stores were closed. We did get a light snack and drinks at Flanningans which was nice. We sat outside and the weather was perfect.

We also walked around the Clocktower Mall. Small but fine if you need a few gifts. We took the trolley and walked backed. My friend even got her hair braided there.

Disembarkating was fine. I don't know how, but my luggage tag came off and I had to search for my bags. Even with that we were off and waiting for our taxi (past customs) in about 35 minutes.

For what we paid it was a good deal. We had a great time. The food and music can use some improvement.

Publication Date: 09/23/13