Pacific Jewel Cruise Review by mmboyd1

Cruise Date: September 2013
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Cabin Category: OS
See More About: Pacific Jewel Cruise Reviews | Australia & New Zealand Cruise Reviews | P&O Australia Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Pacific Jewel Review (by Cruise Critic!)
Short Cruise

Second time on the Jewel, First time was 10 nights, this time was 4 nights, She had just had a makeover which I found refreshing. The Dome was a great improvement of the Ship. The staff were fantastic, and so friendly, I found the Food in the Waterfront restaurant was slipping in standard. Not as nice as I remember from my last cruise. The buffet I found boring on these four nights as it never seemed to change. We decided to eat in La Luna, It was the best asian type menu I had eaten for along time. I would recommend to anyone who loves asian food to eat there. It was an 8 course meal.I had to pay extra, but it was totally worth it. I found on this 4 nighter the entertainment during the day was very boring, how to manage your dog, how to dress, how to bank etc, would of loved some more trivias or shows in the lounge. The new LED lights in the lounge were fantastic, making the shows brighter. We had one new show and two shows I had seen in 2012.

The service in the spa was great, but they need to update with some new packages and products. My daughter had her nails done and the paints were old and they had only a few colours to choose from. I was disappointed the edge experience was not going. I was looking forward to the flying fox over the pool, and I would of loved to do the Titanic experience too. Last time I cruised we had a mini suite which was fantastic, this time I had a outside cabin with a window. It was on deck 6 and was fantastic. I found we were never in there, only to sleep, I would do this cabin type again. It was much easier getting in the shower than the mini suite, which we had to climb into a bath for the shower. Overall great experience again. Just disappointed with the food . Our experience on Tangalooma (Moreton Island) was good. A quiet resort island just off the coast from Brisbane. I totally recommend the parasailing tour, it was fantastic, we could of stayed in the air all day.

We watched whales jumping and could see dolphins . You fly from the boat and land on the boat.The only downside is the guys on the boat are hopeless in taking photos. They took a few of us going and in the air but none of them worked out.You could purchase these from the Tangalooma photo shop for extra $$ We also did the Wild dolphin feeding and for $159 each, it was not worth it. There were 100 plus people doing this tour.So they made a great amount of money. We started in a restaurant , which they provided alcoholic drinks and food, which were great, as much as you wanted to eat and drink in the time allocated. From there to a computer presentation about the dolphins for 1 hour, then off to feed the dolphins.

$10 hire for waders was an extra for people who did not want to get wet. And the water was very cold. We lined up and went in , we were given 3 fish to feed the dolphins. The actual dolphin feeding was over in about 3-4 minutes.It was great but you cannot pat or interact with the dolphins. Just hold a fish in your hands and they swim past and grab it. It was still good but alot of money for the time. I considered it a donation towards their dolphin program. Would not do it again.

Publication Date: 09/23/13