Carnival Dream Cruise Review by cdtravel

Cruise Date: September 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: OS

Back from Dreaming

Originally booked in a balcony upgraded to OS 7274 a few weeks before sailing for just a little more $$ than we had already paid. I am fortunate enough to have been on many cruises and most every cruise line as I work in the travel industry.

We live just 30 minutes from the port so we dropped the fur kids off at Grannies and she drove us out to the port, arrived 11:30 went straight to the priority check in and where on the ship in no time at all. We went up to deck 7 where we saw a bunch of people waiting outside the doors for them to open (I guess no one tried to open the door as they are always unlocked) we walked right in and our suite was ready so we dropped off our carry on baggage and went to grab lunch.

A little back ground... we have sailed on Carnival many times before but went on the Destiny a few years back and after that we decided not sail on Carnival again. My Carnival rep kept coming and and telling me that I need to try the Dream or the Breeze so I caved and let's face it the price was right and I figured it all can't be bad.

The gathering buffet had a bunch of options that no one should ever not find something they like on it, we opted for the burger and frys at the grill because the lines where long at the buffet. To not make this review to long

Here are a few Pros & Cons

PROS:

Staff always said hello and where always cleaning

OS suites excellent use of space loved the extra room and well worth the extra $

Service Samson in the Crimson my time dining was the best head waiter I have had

Serenity area

Food was better than I expected (with exception of desserts)

Ship was well kept and very clean

Cabin Steward with the extra bucket of ice and keeping it filled all the time

CONS:

Not enough time in Ports (the Islands are not that far apart and we noticed the ship slowing down to 10-12 knots)

Desserts (the chocolate melting cake was a hit as usual but everything else missed the mark) looked pretty BUT did not taste

Smoke smell in casino (which you have to walk through to get to some of the lounges) I am a smoker but walking through it was to much!

Slide entrance and stairs right by the Serenity area (tip go all the way forward to avoid the kids screaming)

As for shows we saw the late night comedian and the Funny Dude where both good, we did not go to any other shows while on board BUT did hang out all day with the Entertainment staff & Assistant CD Gumby at Jacks Shack on Grand Turk (FUN TIMES & great entertainment)

We will sail on Carnival again

Publication Date: 09/19/13