Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by bumbershoot1: Sadly disappointed

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Southern Caribbean Cruises

Sadly disappointed

Sail Date: January 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean

The ship: Breeze was beautiful and brand new so it was exciting no matter how you look at it. Everything was clean and nicely done. On my prior sailing with Carnival, we went on Valor and we were disappointed in the decor because I did not realize that Carnival had a theme series. So this time around I made sure I looked at pictures before choosing the ship. I was not disappointed.

Activities: Based on my experience in 2011, I wasn't expecting an awesome cruise. My expectations were met. There was not a large number of free and interesting activities scheduled. There were a lot of games including bingo and karaoke to occupy the nights and they even chose to play a Hasbro game during their nightly entertainment. This was truly disappointing. However, I expected not to be doing much on this cruise as I had the experience in 2011. We were there to just eat, relax and do nothing. So this was fine.

Dinner: In 2011, I could not get enough of the food that was served in the More dining rooms at nights. I truly exceeded the amount I should have eaten. Everything was delicious and beautifully prepared. I expected the same on this cruise. I was sorely disappointed. The food was ok. The selection was very limited and unappealing. They had changed the attire to basically casual all around so we felt like we were dining at a local family restaurant like Applebee's instead of a cruise ship.

Buffet: They had chosen to limit the amount of time that different parts of the buffet remained open so we had a hard time finding anything to eat. One night we decided to go from the dining room to the buffet to see if we could find something else as we did not like the dinner. The buffet had the exact same dinner. When we inquired at guest services, they advised that they want to make sure everyone eats the same thing and people don't feel obligated to go to the dining room if they don't want to. Honestly, between the anytime dining option and the fact that there's no rules when it came to the attire worn in the dining room, people should have had no problem eating in the dining room. I ended up finding a slice of pizza and tuna salad. That's not what I expected from a cruise. We also ended up eating burgers 4 days in a row. Frankly, I did not go on a cruise to eat burgers regardless of how good they were. After the second time, we had it. They also did not have any dessert buffet or midnight buffet. There was no specialty night selected for anything fun.

Dancing: There were very few people in the clubs most of the time. There really was not much to do. However, they did have a lot of fun on deck with their caribbean bands/DJ's at nights.

Verdict: I would travel with Carnival again for the price point and because I don't enjoy all inclusive resorts. I prefer to be on the move. So it works for the Caribbean. Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Breeze

We just hung out on the beach.

I'd been there twice before so we just went shopping and wondering around.

Read 2609 Nassau Reviews

We did an excursion outside of the ship.