Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by gerinancy

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by gerinancy
Enchantment of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Member Name: gerinancy
Cruise Date: September 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: F
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Father and daughter cruise-exceeded our expectations

My 92 year old Dad and I decided to take this cruise together to create memories, relax, and just have fun together. Personally, I was very impressed with the beauty of the ship. Quite frankly, I did not expect it to be attractive as it was. Centrum was breathtaking for an older ship. Others had described it as a mixed bag of new and old, but I found all areas to be fresh and well maintained and truly lacking any worn-out look.

Embarkation: My Dad is 92 and walks with a cane. The RC staff were extremely accommodating in assisting him. They were all smiles and very warm and welcoming. We were on the ship in less than 15 minutes. Rooms were not accessible until 1:30, so that was the only drawback to embarking early. We could go to Windjammer to eat lunch and stroll the ship, but I could not drop off my carry-on bag. Others found that to be inconvenient as well.

Cabin: When we finally arrived at our cabin, both my Dad and I were impressed with how spacious it was. We had a nice size window vs just a porthole with a good view of the sea. Cabin was immaculately clean. Linens were very fresh. Room had lots of niches for storage. Suitcases fit perfectly under our beds. Bathroom was in good shape. Water pressure in shower was excellent, but both my Dad and I did not like the vessel sink. It was challenging to get your hand under the tiny faucet and the water pressure was not good as well.

Dining: My Dad is a picky eater as he is used to "homemade meals". He never complained about the food once. The Windjammer buffet had an amazing selection for both breakfast and lunch. I could see RC really tries hard to please every palate from hamburger/fries lovers to vegetarians. They even had gluten free bread for me. Very impressive. The servers in Windjammer were efficient, friendly and always smiling. My Dad was impressed with their happy and caring attitude. Buffet was kept clean. Nothing ever looked picked over or sloppy. In the evening, we dined in the dining room. Once again, we were happy with the quality of food, selection, staff, and presentation. My Dad fell in love with the "chocolate sensation dessert" and ordered it practically every night. The maitre d' assisted me each evening to make selections that were in keeping with my gluten free diet. In fact, one evening, they went out of their way to create a tiger shrimp dish for me that was gluten free. The original recipe had bread crumbs in it and they made a special batch just for me without the crumbs. They really stood on their heads, and we commend them for the extra touch of making us feel very special. I have only one suggestion: They should offer more "rice noodle" dishes for people who are unable to eat wheat/flour based noodles. I was unable to eat their Pad Thai because it was made with wheat flour noodles.

Entertainment: My Dad and I enjoyed all the shows in the theatre. We especially enjoyed all the live music all over the ship. The centrum always had a band, someone singing, or someone playing the piano.

Back to the cabin: Our cabin steward was very attentive. He would tidy up the room twice a day. It was always immaculate and smelled fresh. He even made me a towel animal that looked like a dog. He left a bucket of ice each evening as my Dad and I were enjoying our own bottle of wine in the room before dinner each evening.

Disembarkation: Smooth disembarkation, however my Dad did comment that, if possible, they should have two exits set up for people leaving to expedite the process. Line was very long leaving the ship.

Overall, we loved this short cruise getaway. We met some wonderful people. The ship is very attractive with lots of things to do, or if one chooses, lots of places to just relax. The lounge at the very top of the ship is extremely quiet during the day, and it was the perfect spot to read, listen to your headset or just gaze out at the beautiful ocean. Staff is warm, upbeat and friendly and the ship is kept clean, well maintained and lovely!

Publication Date: 09/20/13