Disney Dream Cruise Review by Chrispy23

Entertainment 5+
        7-9 5.0
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Disney Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Dream Deck Plans
Loved it! First cruise but now cannot wait to go back.

I have been reading the reviews of the Disney Dream for months and I wanted to give back to the forum my thoughts about this ship.

I am a very positive person , I find that a positive outlook leads to a happier experiences.

Nothing in life is perfect but this was as close as I could ever imagine a perfect trip.

We sailed out of Port Canaveral on September 8th 2013. This was the second part of a 3 part Disney surprise vacation for our 8 year old daughter.

The first was our first week stay at a deluxe villa at The Disney Boardwalk. At the end of our week long stay our daughter believed we were on our way to the airport to go home, however Disney provides a character call that we booked and had Mickey himself let our daughter know where we were really heading. It was a great surprise. The third part was not going home after the cruise but checking into a Savannah view room at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo house.

We had a check in time of 11am. We were checked in by 11:05 and after a short wait that we used to get inline for a picture with Minnie we were on the ship.

We went straight to Cabanas for lunch and the buffet was exceptional. The food was hot, fresh and delicious. We had a lovely view of the port as we ate and chatted.

We had a fair amount of carry on luggage so we took turns watching the luggage while the other walked around the ship.

Our stateroom was ready at 1:30 pm as promised.

The room was exactly what I had pictured. We had a deluxe veranda. The room was very well designed and quite. We were in room 8058. It was close to the Forward and mid-ship elevators. The only noise we heard was from kids running down the hallways from time to time. Something we did not allow our daughter to do.

The bed and bedding were first rate and our daughter loved sleeping in the drop down bunk bed.

We enjoyed all our meals and the service we received from the servers who followed us through the rotational dining.

We also booked a dinner at Palo as well as the Palo brunch.

We canceled our reservation at Remy. The only reason was that the brunch was late and amazing and two giant meals in one day would have just been too much.

Make sure you book dinner at Palo. The service was some of the best we have ever experienced and we are very seasoned travellers and diners.

It may have been the best brunch I have ever had. The options were all of the highest quality.

Our daughter loved all of it and had a great time at the Oceaneers Lab.

We enjoyed the Senses spa, my only issues would be the sales pitch for expensive products at the end of each session. Also in the Rainforest showers be prepared for some cold blast of water. It is a part of the experience but if you do not like a cold shower you may want to skip it.

There is a lot of ways to spend money on and off the ship but that is all optional. I find it strange that someone would complain about that with so much provided as a part of the cost of the cruise.

Drinks cost extra , fancy coffee cost extra. However Disney allows you to bring your own booze onboard and we took advantage of that. So we did not spend a lot on extra drinks.

If there is anything I would do differently on my next cruise it would be to book nothing. Just enjoy the ship and Castaway Cay. We booked the Dolphin encounter and Aquventure at the Atlantis resort in Nassau. We also booked a snorkel trip on Castaway Cay and swimming with Stingrays at Castaway as well. We really enjoyed all of it but we were defiantly lacking in the relaxation we needed after a week at WDW.

I admit I have nothing to compare the Disney Dream too as this was our first Cruise but I was none the less amazed at the size, cleanliness and service we received. This was without a doubt the highlight of an amazing two week vacation.

Publication Date: 09/20/13