“First Trip To New England and Canada”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas

Ohiocruiser Explorer of the Seas 4 First Trip To New England and Canada
Ohiocruiser
Member Since 2003
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

I had newer been to New England, so I was really excited about this cruise. We had a really great meet and mingle group talking for about a year,so I was looking forward to meeting everyone.

We drove to New Jersey and stayed at the Garden Inn in Stanton Island. This hotel was very nice and clean and since we could leave the car there during our cruise, it was also very convenient.Plus they also took us to the port and picked us up when the cruise was over. We also got a free breakfast, so I would stay here again.

The ship is starting to show her age.Nothing so evident that really stands out, but little things here and there. The captain was wonderful, and seemed to be always updating us to what was going on. He did turn the ship around after about an hour and a half after we left port for a medical emergency. I would like to think that when I traveled I would always have such a captain, that looked out for the passenger and not the bottom line.

Our Meet and Mingle was great. We exchanged gift bags from our home town, and also had a slot pull It was fun when you ran into someone from this meet and mingle around the ship.

Boston was great, and we had wonderful weather. We took a tour in Portland Maine, and one in Halifax.St Johns NB was the least of our favorite stop. Could be because it was a rainy damp day. I really missed the port talks that we had on the other ships we have been on.Port maps are no longer given for every port, and that made getting around ( if you didn't have a tour booked)very difficult.

The MDR room was really a disappointment.Many days it was hard to find a main course that you wanted to try. Plus we were seated in a back, very small room off the main dining room floor. If it weren't for the people seated at our table, I would have probably not eaten there every night.

As the ship was full I knew getting around would be crowded, but what I didn't like was the rudeness of some people. When you see that a elevator is full, don't try to squeeze yourself in. That happened over and over again. They should have elevators for wheelchairs and scooters, as it seemed very difficult for them to get around.

Will I take this cruise again, probably not....will I cruise with RRCL again....yes! I booked a cruise on the Alure while I was on this cruise.

Explorer of the Seas Cruises to Canada & New England

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Explorer of the Seas Review
Explorer of the Seas Cruises to Canada & New England
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?