Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by davidframe: Mediterranean- Disappointment

Mediterranean- Disappointment

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

On my prior cruises I had incredible experiences. I found literally one person that had a great attitude. He was the bar server at dinner. The other bartenders and servers rarely even smiled. It was so disappointing. Not one person on our entire trip could say that they had a great experience.

Also, the food... It was consistently of poor quality. The fish was overcooked every day. The "extra charge" restaurant "Chop" had the toughest NY Strip I have ever had. It was like a cut of meat from Ponderossa. Literally 1/2 inch thick. The best food was at the Jade/Windjammer buffets, which makes no sense at all.

They nickel and dime you for EVERYTHING. The "Premium Unlimited Alcohol" package is anything but "Premium" I didn't realize that Patrone, Belevedere and Grey Goose were too high end to be included. I totally get not having Macallan 30 but seriously not Belvedere?

The shows... Oh boy... The "comedian/ventriloquist" was anything but a comedian. Fluent in many More languages but not at all funny. People in the audience were leaving throughout the entire performance. I stayed until the end hoping for a recovery. There was none. The "Piano Man" at Schooners was rude and disrespectful to multiple passengers. As he sat there and drank through his entire show. Too bad. The karaoke leader at "On Air" was amazing. Very friendly and got the crowd going. Only problem was it was usually only 1 hour. How does that make sense?

My room wouldn't lock and I asked my room attendant if she would call maintenance. She said of course. I never saw her again until Saturday where she provided me with my gratuity envelope. My room was always clean and tidy but nothing over and above any expectations.

I have never cruised Royal Caribbean prior and my friends all said this was their worst experience as many of them are Diamond members. Maybe it's just a bad ship or crew but after my other cruises this was a joke.

Wi-Fi... If you want Wi-Fi be prepared for $.75 per minute. Or for only $399 per day you can have unlimited... Seriously? You want a towel for the pool? Make sure you sign it in and out with your card. Are we going to steal them? LOL

My Regent cruise was amazing and not much difference in price.

Oh well at least the ports were beautiful and easy to get info and access to attractions. Less

Published 09/19/13

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Liberty of the Seas Review >>

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

Cabin review: E27346 Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

Cabin was nice. As expected.

Read All Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony (E2) Reviews >>

Take the train to Florence. So easy.

So beautiful. Positano, Sorento, Capri... AMAZING!

Read 997 Naples Reviews

Catacombs

Colosseum

Love the hustle of the city.

Pantheon

Onboarding Experience
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X