MSC Orchestra Cruise Review by Albow

Member Name: Albow
Cruise Date: August 2013
Embarkation: Nice
Destination: Western Mediterranean
See More About: MSC Orchestra Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: MSC Orchestra Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Orchestra Deck Plans
Budgies are on the loose

Where do I start, Villa Franche I lovely little hamelet to begin our alternative cruise from , however as the day of embarkation was in the mid thirtys I thought that the Port authorities may have allowed passengers to use the shelter to save themselves from the UV rays but no we had to wait 6hrs to board so we waited slowly baking in the sun .

Finally boarded and found our cabin which was very very nice along with the whole of the ship simply beautiful were my wife's words ,we made our way up to the pool deck to find a seat to sit and have a welcome aboard drink and finally found an attendant and placed a order only to wait 20plus minutes for him to return with a beer and soda ,it was strange to see so many senior officers around the pool area for great lengths of time not socializing just looking and looking and smoking and drinking coffee everyday the same one's were there ,while the rank and file were running around unhappy in their own special way having fingers clicked to bring senior staff their coffee's treated poorly and was obvious thru out the ship,

We ate mostly in the buffet and found the choice limited and layout confussing as doors closed some times and open the next only to be redirected to the opposite side after entering, the food was plentiful thank goodness as the amount of waste by other cruisers was shocking and the lack of manners by both senior personel (those in white uniforms ) was discusting to say the least

enough about the food .we thought the shows were the highlight of this cruise and really enjoyed the variety , we would go to the casino after the shows and try our luck but we were lucky to find a seat as many children were at the machines and when confronting staff I was told the as a gent was blind his grandson was helping him gamble lol. Finally we were overlooking the pool area and watched at least 12 youths about 16/18 years old being pains throwing others in and jumping in in groups ,I said to an onlooking officer is he going to wait for an accident to happen before taking action , he replied I asked them to stop but they no listen to me , I will not use this company again and not recommend to anybody the majority of staff were just plian rude and were dilligafs.

Publication Date: 09/19/13