Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by plainjayne17

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by plainjayne17
Majesty of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
Member Name: plainjayne17
Cruise Date: September 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: M

Great weekend getaway

The Majesty is the oldest ship in the fleet and is starting to show its age. Updates have been made but something's need a new overhaul. This is more of a party ship with being only 3 nights and in being a party ship the music needs some updating. You can only do the electric slide so many times. Majority of the staff was nice with the exception of the TOWEL TYRANTS on the pool deck. How dare I ask for a dry towel. With this being a smaller ship you have two pools side by side which always have kids splashing around in them, sometimes you just want to relax and not have to be bothered by children running around you. You can purchase soda packages, which I could care, less about, but what I really wanted was the alcohol packages that are offered on longer cruises. I was surly disappointed that they did not provide this service.

The rooms are small it does not matter if you have a balcony, a window, or interior. There is only one deck of balcony rooms and several decks with windows, but I would not pay to upgrade to a better room on this boat it would be a waste of money. One of my favorite things to do in the ship is go to the comedy shows Royal does a good job in picking out their comedians. The Dining staff was on point always surprising me by knowing my name. They are very attentive and patient. I have never been a fan of the SHOWTIME the dining staff have to participate in. I know if I were them I would not want to dance around in a conga line. We decided to carry off our luggage and slept in till 8:30 on the return to port day we were on the last ones out of our room. It took us an hour and a half to get off the boat and through customs. All in all it was a relaxing short getaway.

Excursions

CocoCay in its own right is beautiful. The water is clear; the sand is white and fine. You can wade out and still touch. Lots of colorful fish. The island is owned by Royal Caribbean so you do not have to pay for food and some of the same staff are also on the ship. If you just want to go to the beach and relax this is an excellent port. All extra frills have a dollar sign with it. Plenty of lounge chairs. Had to pay $12 to rent an umbrella a bit disappointing, but with out the umbrella I would have returned as a crispy critter. The shops that are on location are basic tourist shops. I am always looking for that one unique item that draws my attention. I did not find that here. Another draw back for being owned by Royal is that no alcohol can be bought to bring home. Overall this port gets an A-

We had no Idea what to expect in Nassau. After talking to the excursion desk we decided on Blue Lagoon Island Beach DAY. I put day in capitals because that is how it was sold to us. The reality is you meet on the pier at 10am your guide leads you to a boat at 10:15 take a 15min ride to another location and pick up more people wait another 20min for everyone to get onboard then have a 25min ride to the island. We did not get off the boat on to the island till 11:30 and was asked to be back on board on later that 1:45. This gave us 2 hours to enjoy what was a DAY at the beach. This excursion also included people who signed up for the dolphin experience. I was unaware of this. I am an animal activist and am appalled that this was kept from me. I do not like to feed my money into a program that extorts animals for entertainment. The areas where the dolphins are kept are no larger than a football field. This gets an F

Publication Date: 09/20/13