Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by tja9674

Cruise Date: September 2013
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: SF
See More About: Norwegian Jewel Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

Disappointed

My Husband and I book this cruise to celebrate our 39th anniversary and we looking forward to a wonderful time, Our room did have a wonderful view since it was an aft facing Penthouse with a balcony. Our cabin steward was a treasure. I was disappointed in the food since it was about what one would expect to from any buffet such as Golden Corral. Even the main dining room food left us deciding to eat else where.

Our biggest complaint is with the butler and concierge. We meet the butler on embarking and then on the last day of the cruise when she stuck her head into our cabin to say customs what to see us before we left the ship. No other explanation was given seems NCL had mixed up my husbands name and it caused us a delay and hours of concern. On the last night at sea we called and requested a special menu for room service and after a 30 minute wait with no call or menu we ended up getting dressed again and eating in the Blue Lagoon grill since by now all the restaurants were either closed or closing and could not serve us. The only other time we attempted room service we got cold toast and cold coffee. We had requested yogurt for our breakfast but it was forgotten until about 30 minutes later when it was delivered when picked up our breakfast tray. We call the concierge twice once to ask for reservation and were told that only guest of the Haven could get reservations however the website stated that all penthouse guest were able to get reservations for the shows. The next time we called he stated he would have the butler assist us with room service this never happened. Every time I spoke to John I always felt like I was bothering him or just wasting his time. Since I have used concierge service during our travels I was confused by his actions.

The final straw was when we had been told we would have priority disembarkation but John sent us an envelope with luggage tags for the last disembarkation time. There was no information or instruction on how the process of disembarkation worked so we sat in the atrium and waited for the last group to leave the ship since this was the color tag we were sent We had paid for the baggage service but found our bags on the pier waiting for us to load and take to our hotel. Since this was our first cruise I must assume that this is the service offered on Norweigan cruises and we will never sail with them again.

Publication Date: 09/19/13