Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by blackjackdon

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by blackjackdon
Bahamas Celebration
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 5
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Nice getaway for a great price

This is a perfect little cruise for a nice weekend getaway. My wife and I took the cruise out of Palm Beach Florida on September 13th.

Although boarding started at noon, we did not arrive at the port until 1:30. We went through the entire check in process and was onboard by 1:45. Since we did the pre-boarding process on line we did not have to wait in the dinner reservation line which greatly expedited this process.

Once on board we went directly to our cabin. The cabin was very small but we were aware of this due to the dimensions that was posted on their website. Our cabin steward Garry was great. We requested extra pillows which were promptly delivered to the room. Our room was also warm and when we informed Garry about this he brought us a fan and had the A/C fixed within the hour.

We went to the Rio dining room for lunch. This is a buffet style luncheon and was much better than I expected. The food ranged from hot dogs and burgers to fresh grilled fish. My wife and I were very pleased with the food throughout the entire cruise. The main dinning rooms consist of the Crystal (formal) and the Rio (casual). We ate at the Crystal dinning room the first night. I had the Prime Rib which was excellent. The second night my wife and I had the Beef Wellington at the Rio which was also excellent. The wait staff was very friendly and kept our glasses full.

The shows consisted of singing, an acrobat from Russia (Kureal)which was amazing, and a comic. We were very pleased with the shows and they were much better than we expected due to the length and cost of this cruise. I would say they were "on par" with the larger and more expensive cruise lines.

On Saturday we pulled in to Freeport Bahamas. Both my wife and I had been there before so we decided to stay onboard and enjoy a day by the pool. After checking with staff and getting the go ahead, my wife decided to sunbathe topless. Needless to stay the waiter staff was never far away and the drinks were cold and strong.

I would have to say my favorite part of the cruise was the casino. The staff is beautiful and very fun to be around. If you make a kissing sound you will instantly have every staff member's attention. It was fun messing with them all night. If you are a smoker the casino is the only place other than the pool deck where you can smoke. The casino does not allow cigar smoking which I was promptly advised of. Both my wife and I gambled both nights and left the cruise winners which rarely happens.

When it was time to get back to reality and leave the ship we decided to carry off our luggage and reported to the gangway. Once there we had to wait for about forty-five minutes due to an immigration delay. Once they started letting passengers off we were off the shop and in our car in fifteen minutes.

Although the room was small and hot. I would strongly recommend this cruise to everyone and can't wait till my next little "nice getaway for a great price".

Publication Date: 09/20/13