MSC Magnifica Cruise Review by mikeg1968

Cruise Date: August 2013
Embarkation: Hamburg
Destination: British Isles & Western Europe
Cabin Category: 2
See More About: MSC Magnifica Cruise Reviews | British Isles & Western Europe Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: MSC Magnifica Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Magnifica Deck Plans
Great cruise on the MSC Magnifica

This was my third cruise with my family (my wife and 2 children aged 10 and 7) and my second with MSC. After the great time we had on board the Fantasia last year, we looked forward to our cruise this year. I picked this cruise for the itinerary (Germany, Scotland, England, France, Belgium , the Netherlands) and the good price.

We were not disappointed. 70 % of the passengers were probably Germans, and they were all nice and relaxed people.

We found the inside pool to be perfect for us and the kids despite of the cool weather.

We found the food at the buffet to be varied and of excellent quality at breakfast and at every time of the day. The dining room experience was ok, the service excellent.

The theater shows were good to great- with acrobatic acts and opera dominating.

The mood on the ship was great, so was the animation team. My wife and kids had a great time, and so did I.

Our major issue was with the excursion (organized by MSC) which we took from Dover to London which I think was overpriced and lacked organization.It should have been presented as a chance to take picture from a moving bus rather than a Panoramic tour of London.

Was it perfect ? No, but is there anything perfect in this world ?

The great and wonderful time we had on and off the ship, and the value for money we got from this cruise were more than enough for me to start researching our next cruise 1 day after we came home.

My greatest challenge now is to top this year's cruise.

Publication Date: 09/19/13