Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by lmd4941977

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by lmd4941977
Grandeur of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Member Name: lmd4941977
Cruise Date: September 2013
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Canada & New England
Cabin Category: L
See More About: Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Canada & New England Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Great ship for seniors

Baltimore is an easy port of embarkation. People with disablities can enter and leave the ship from deck one, avoiding the climb up and down the 4 story tunnel. Although new cruisers did not seem to be aware of the option.

Everyone on the ship including fellow passengers were helpful with my disabled husband. Holding doors, helping through thresholds, and opening spaces to get the wheelchair through.

I'm happy there are still smaller ships sailing the seas. Although, the cruise lines are now only building large ships. I will say that the newer ships are more accessible.

The food was good, but it must be noted that I like plain fare. I often did not have any idea what the main dining room menu was offering. I took DH to the buffet most of the time. There I could see what I was selecting. The buffet had much the same food as the dining room and was less crowded and quieter in the evening. I liked that there were so many tables out on the deck so we could dine at sunrise of sunset under the sky.

The crew was great. I enjoyed the entertainment but was concerned that the ship would only appeal to an older crowd. I will be taking my children and grandchildren on this ship next summer. We are limited to ports I can drive to because I no longer fly with DH.

I did an excursion at each of the 4 ports. I find the northern ports much more interesting than the southern islands. We generally only go to the beaches in the Bahamas and the Caribbean. I did historical tours in Portland, Bar Harbor, St. John and Halifax. They were all interesting and well done. They were all purchased through RCL.

In the past I always had a balcony, but think I will save my money for more cruises and get an inside or window cabins. The last two cruised DH did not use the balcony once. I like being up on deck with fellow passingers instead of sitting alone on a balcony. My new philosophy is more cruises less money. I plan to do 4 cruises a year while DH is still able to travel.

I am glad I did not listen to the negative reviews regarding the Grandeur. I loved this ship. I will be on it next March and June.

Publication Date: 09/18/13