“11 Night Med Cruise with HAL”
Cruise review of Holland America Noordam

beave30 Noordam 5 11 Night Med Cruise with HAL
beave30
Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
Overall Member Rating

Overall, it was a very nice 11 night cruise from Istanbul to Athens. There were some disappointments due to changing ports of call from when we booked the cruise, but that was just due to political unrest vs. the cruise line. So HAL should get some credit for ensuring guest safety comes first.

Stateroom

It was always clean, big enough for us and the balcony was nice. It was very similar to the room we had on the ms Zeiderdam. The one downside of our cabin, instead of looking down directly into the water, it overlooked the life boats. Not that it was bad, but I would recommend booking two room forward 5054 or lower to ensure you have a better view.

Staff

The staff was always friendly, always helpful and it was another great experience on HAL. I always think they try to make you feel at home when you are on the cruise and I have felt that way with all my HAL cruises. When I get back on-board, it feels like the crew is welcoming you home.

The food was excellent as always, but there were a few issues I had with the staff in the main dining room. They served us butter that had gone bad one night, and once we asked for new butter it was replaced quickly. Second, our water glasses were never refilled without us asking for a refill. A minor complaint maybe but HAL does claim 5 star service, but within the dining room, it was a negative in my mind.

Ports

We loved all the ports and the ports due to the political unrest were great. I am happy that HAL showed us places we wouldn't have normally gone.

Noordam Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Neptune Deluxe Verandah Suite

Port

This place was great! I would highly recommend more cruise lines check this place out.

Read 59 Bodrum Reviews
Published 09/18/13
Read Cruise Critic’s Noordam Review
Noordam Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?