Noordam Cruise Review by beave30: 11 Night Med Cruise with HAL

11 Night Med Cruise with HAL

Sail Date: August 2013
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Istanbul

Overall, it was a very nice 11 night cruise from Istanbul to Athens. There were some disappointments due to changing ports of call from when we booked the cruise, but that was just due to political unrest vs. the cruise line. So HAL should get some credit for ensuring guest safety comes first.

Stateroom

It was always clean, big enough for us and the balcony was nice. It was very similar to the room we had on the ms Zeiderdam. The one downside of our cabin, instead of looking down directly into the water, it overlooked the life boats. Not that it was bad, but I would recommend booking two room forward 5054 or lower to ensure you have a better view.

Staff

The staff was always friendly, always helpful and it was another great experience on HAL. I always think they try to make you feel at home when you are on the cruise and I have felt that way with all my HAL cruises. When I get back on-board, it feels like the crew is welcoming you home. More

The food was excellent as always, but there were a few issues I had with the staff in the main dining room. They served us butter that had gone bad one night, and once we asked for new butter it was replaced quickly. Second, our water glasses were never refilled without us asking for a refill. A minor complaint maybe but HAL does claim 5 star service, but within the dining room, it was a negative in my mind.

Ports

We loved all the ports and the ports due to the political unrest were great. I am happy that HAL showed us places we wouldn't have normally gone. Less

Read more Noordam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Noordam Review >>

Cabin review: Noordam Deluxe Verandah Suite Rotterdam 5058

Nice size room, balcony doesn't look directly into the water, but overlooks lifeboats.

Acropolis

(5)

Awesome visit to the Acropolis and then a transfer to the airport. Wonderful experience.

Acropolis

(5)

This place was great! I would highly recommend more cruise lines check this place out.

Read 25 Bodrum Reviews