Coral Princess Cruise Review by ntvsdgrl: A Great Cruise after a 30 year absence

ntvsdgrl
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Coral Princess Alaska Cruises

A Great Cruise after a 30 year absence

Sail Date: August 2013
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Vancouver

I had been planning this trip for over a year for a early 50th Birthday present to myself.

Vancouver - a nice city, I guess. I say this because I got in the day before in the late afternoon and the next day it was raining so all I saw was the hotel.

I arrived at the port at 11:30 am and thought I would wait at the terminal if they weren't ready yet. Well it turns out I went through all the security check points, filled out the health form, got my cruise card and sat in a chair for about 20 minutes and then they started boarding. I was in my cabin by 12:15.

Since I was in a mini suite, I received a complimentary glass of champagne. I've read on here that they thought it was terrible, but I didn't find it bad at all.

Cabin - I found my cabin very clean and the bed was very comfortable. I was afraid there would be a noise factor and wouldn't be able to sleep well but it was very quiet. My cabin steward always seemed to know when I went to breakfast and More dinner without me seeing him in the hall and when I came back by cabin was either made up or turned down.

Food - As everyone has mentioned on here, this is a subjective point of view. I work in Starwood Luxury Collection hotel, so my taste buds have been spoiled. I ate twice in the Bordeaux dining room twice, Sabatini's once and the majority of the time in Horizon Court. The food was "ok" in the main dining room and Horizon Court. Sabatini's was WONDERFUL! Well worth the $25 cover charge. I did have pizza up on deck that was very good, a caprice pannini and Waldorf Chicken Salad in the International Cafe that were very good.

Ports - I did something active in each port. The one annoying thing I found was how they constantly pushed the shopping in Port. You got it in the Patter, on the TV, etc.

I was extremely impressed with Princess' organization and how smoothly everything went from embarkation to disembarkation. The same was true for the cruisetour portion as well.

I would definitely go back to Alaska and I would definitely go with Princess. I make try a different ship. Less

Read more Coral Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Coral Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Coral Princess Mini-Suite with Balcony Dolphin Deck D607

Though it was a mini suite and it came with a shower/tub combo, you really have to climb up to get into the tub. Anyone who is 6' or more would have to duck down. Cabin location was quiet and view from balcony was perfect.

Whale Watching

(5)

I did Harv and Marv and was on a boat with 12 ppl. They met us at the port, on time, took us out and Captain Shawn was very knowledgeable about the whales. He knew where to wait and for how long. The young girl that was on board was extremely knowledgeable and had incredible amounts of information on all the sea life.

Kayaking

(5)

There were only 4 of us that went on this excursion but it was perfect. Our guide was knowledgeable and patient with us first timers. They were always friendly and polite.

Glacier Point Wilderness Safari

(5)

The naturalist on board was another knowledgeable guide and was on his 2nd summer. Once we got to Glacier Point, the guides greeted us. They prepared sandwiches for us and we headed out.

Again, they knew everything. Highly recommend this tour.