Coral Princess Cruise Review by ntvsdgrl

Embarkation: Vancouver
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: AB
Cabin Number: D607
See More About: Coral Princess Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Shore Excursions 5+

Ship Facts: Coral Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Coral Princess Deck Plans
A Great Cruise after a 30 year absence

I had been planning this trip for over a year for a early 50th Birthday present to myself.

Vancouver - a nice city, I guess. I say this because I got in the day before in the late afternoon and the next day it was raining so all I saw was the hotel.

I arrived at the port at 11:30 am and thought I would wait at the terminal if they weren't ready yet. Well it turns out I went through all the security check points, filled out the health form, got my cruise card and sat in a chair for about 20 minutes and then they started boarding. I was in my cabin by 12:15.

Since I was in a mini suite, I received a complimentary glass of champagne. I've read on here that they thought it was terrible, but I didn't find it bad at all.

Cabin - I found my cabin very clean and the bed was very comfortable. I was afraid there would be a noise factor and wouldn't be able to sleep well but it was very quiet. My cabin steward always seemed to know when I went to breakfast and dinner without me seeing him in the hall and when I came back by cabin was either made up or turned down.

Food - As everyone has mentioned on here, this is a subjective point of view. I work in Starwood Luxury Collection hotel, so my taste buds have been spoiled. I ate twice in the Bordeaux dining room twice, Sabatini's once and the majority of the time in Horizon Court. The food was "ok" in the main dining room and Horizon Court. Sabatini's was WONDERFUL! Well worth the $25 cover charge. I did have pizza up on deck that was very good, a caprice pannini and Waldorf Chicken Salad in the International Cafe that were very good.

Ports - I did something active in each port. The one annoying thing I found was how they constantly pushed the shopping in Port. You got it in the Patter, on the TV, etc.

I was extremely impressed with Princess' organization and how smoothly everything went from embarkation to disembarkation. The same was true for the cruisetour portion as well.

I would definitely go back to Alaska and I would definitely go with Princess. I make try a different ship.

Publication Date: 09/18/13
Read the Alaska ports review by ntvsdgrl
More Coral Princess Cruise Reviews