MSC Orchestra Cruise Review by navigare-con-me: Great cruise!

navigare-con-me
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on MSC Orchestra Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

Great cruise!

Sail Date: August 2013
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

From start to finish this was a great cruise experience.

Getting checked-in was a breeze.

The ship was spotless and my cabin was very clean and comfortable.

All members of the crew spoke English and at least 2 or 3 additional languages. No problem with communication.

Upon embarking, all services were available, including the buffet and the bars.

Yes, there were many children, but this was a "family" type of cruise, so it was expected. I don't have any problem with kids running around.

The food at the buffet was not only very diverse, but tasty (by my standards). Yes, it was not the best gourmet food you can find, but this is not a "top of the line" cruise line either.

One complaint I have is that for breakfast, they did not have enough clean glasses for juices. They constantly ran out of glasses and we had to use coffee mugs to drink our juices. The kitchen manager needs a little spanking!

A second complaint was More that they constantly ran out of bowls for cereal. Again, their kitchen could not wash them fast enough. Had to wait a few min to get a bowl. Once again, the kitchen manager needs supervision.

Dinner at the Ibiscus restaurant was really good (again, by my standards, and considering this is not a "5 star" cruise line). Adi, the waiter from Bali, was fantastic. I wish we had waiters like him in many restaurants here in Dallas.

The staff was friendly and readily available. Only one Italian young lady working at the Reception desk was kind of rude and never saw her smile. She must be tired of working on the ship. She really needs to go and make room for someone friendlier and with a good attitude.

All ports were fantastic, with the exception of Palermo (Sicily). I did not care for that city. It was dirty, ugly and very poor! I took a city tour that took us to a ghetto. It was horrible! People live in tin houses! For real!

All other ports were absolutely fantastic! I would definitely go back to them.

I would gladly take another MSC cruise in the Mediterranean.

If you are open to share a week with a European crowd, and don't expect a prime 5 star cruise, then you would enjoy this cruise! Less

Read more MSC Orchestra cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Orchestra Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Orchestra Balcony Clarinetto Deck

Spacious and quiet. Great balcony and great view.

(5.5)

I also loved this port because you can either stay in Genoa and tour the city, or take a train to Portofino, which is about 1.5 hours away. I did not have enough time to get to Portofino because of poor planning on my part, but made it to Santa Margarita, which is also a very nice villa on the Italian coast. This port is a keeper!

Read 128 Genoa Reviews

(5.5)

A fantastic resort island! Loved the beaches, tapas bars, the old town and the night life!

Read 39 Ibiza Reviews

MSC Cruises needs to drop this port from the itinerary. This city is ugly, dirty and very poor! I took a city tour and they made us go thru the flea market, which is in a ghetto where people are so poor and dirty that they live in tin houses! Unbelievable! Nothing exciting to see there. It would be better to stop in Salerno with a tour to Amalfi/Capri, or in Cefalu and tour the roman ruins. Please drop Palermo!

Read 102 Palermo Reviews

Awesome city! I would love to go back!

This is a great stop because it allows you to go to either Monte Carlo (which I did) or Nice. Both cities are spectacular and definitely worth visiting!