MSC Orchestra Cruise Review by navigare-con-me

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > MSC Orchestra Cruise Review by navigare-con-me
MSC Orchestra
MSC Orchestra
Member Name: navigare-con-me
Cruise Date: August 2013
Embarkation: other
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 8
See More About: MSC Orchestra Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

Ship Facts: MSC Orchestra Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Orchestra Deck Plans
Great cruise!

From start to finish this was a great cruise experience.

Getting checked-in was a breeze.

The ship was spotless and my cabin was very clean and comfortable.

All members of the crew spoke English and at least 2 or 3 additional languages. No problem with communication.

Upon embarking, all services were available, including the buffet and the bars.

Yes, there were many children, but this was a "family" type of cruise, so it was expected. I don't have any problem with kids running around.

The food at the buffet was not only very diverse, but tasty (by my standards). Yes, it was not the best gourmet food you can find, but this is not a "top of the line" cruise line either.

One complaint I have is that for breakfast, they did not have enough clean glasses for juices. They constantly ran out of glasses and we had to use coffee mugs to drink our juices. The kitchen manager needs a little spanking!

A second complaint was that they constantly ran out of bowls for cereal. Again, their kitchen could not wash them fast enough. Had to wait a few min to get a bowl. Once again, the kitchen manager needs supervision.

Dinner at the Ibiscus restaurant was really good (again, by my standards, and considering this is not a "5 star" cruise line). Adi, the waiter from Bali, was fantastic. I wish we had waiters like him in many restaurants here in Dallas.

The staff was friendly and readily available. Only one Italian young lady working at the Reception desk was kind of rude and never saw her smile. She must be tired of working on the ship. She really needs to go and make room for someone friendlier and with a good attitude.

All ports were fantastic, with the exception of Palermo (Sicily). I did not care for that city. It was dirty, ugly and very poor! I took a city tour that took us to a ghetto. It was horrible! People live in tin houses! For real!

All other ports were absolutely fantastic! I would definitely go back to them.

I would gladly take another MSC cruise in the Mediterranean.

If you are open to share a week with a European crowd, and don't expect a prime 5 star cruise, then you would enjoy this cruise!

Publication Date: 09/17/13