Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by 24nascar48: Very disappointed

Very disappointed

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

On Monday July 29th my husband and I took a long awaited and much planned for Celebrity cruise. We chose an 11 day Mediterranean cruise on Celebrity Reflection. Having cruised on four other cruise lines in the past we had certain expectations. Celebrity was named the best premium cruise line however our experience was well below premium. Unfortunately we were very disappointed with many different aspects of the cruise.

We found a large majority of the staff to be less than cordial and often times rude. Many times they stood talking to each other and ignoring us while we waited for their attention, their personal conversations were clearly much more important than their jobs. In the buffet most of the time we had to get our own drinks because there was no one around to offer drink service. The female bathroom attendants who were supposed to be attending the bathrooms were instead sitting in there on the counters talking on their cell phones.

On the fourth day of the More cruise the 14th floor buffet ran out of diet coke, romaine lettuce, and candy for the ice-cream bar. We assumed after our next port stop they would replenish at least the diet coke but we were wrong, we went the rest of the cruise without being able to get diet soda in the buffet area or a salad we enjoyed.

The bathrooms went 3 days without hand towels, we were told the washing machine broke but that the towels would return the following day, they returned 3 days later.

The entertainment on the ship was absolutely sub-par, the singers were no better than average bar singers which ruined all the shows. Unfortunately the only good performers were the comedians and magician, but the magician's luggage got lost so he had nothing to work with except playing cards.

I went to the spa for a massage and instead of getting treated like I was in a spa, I checked in and then was sent on my way to find the locker rooms and waiting room on my own. My massage was less about a good massage and more about trying to sell me products. Honestly, it wasn't relaxing at all and was a complete waste of both time and money.

On a positive note our room attendant (room 6180) was wonderful and so was the bar attendant (Jimmy) in the casino. They were the only two employees we encountered who knew how to treat cruise guests.

In all, this cruise was a 50th birthday present from my husband and although we made the best of it we were very disappointed in the whole experience. This was not at all what we expected from a Celebrity cruise. Less

Read more Celebrity Reflection cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Reflection Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Reflection 6180

Our room was very nice and much larger than the ones we had in prior cruises. Our cabin description was "partial view obstruction" but it was really not an issue at all, we could see everything from our balcony just fine.

Lots to see but be prepared to be harassed by local vendors eager to sell their goods! They approach you in the street and are relentless trying to sell maps and other little trinkets.

Read 256 Istanbul Reviews

Very pretty small port, good for a relaxing afternoon.

Read 376 Mykonos Reviews

Pompeii Walking Tour

(4)

Make sure you bring their currency as you cannot buy a ticket with a credit card or any other currency. We didn't find that out until we arrived at the gate and had to find a post office to exchange money then wait on a long line again.

DON'T take the donkey ride up the mountain; it was very dangerous and completely unsupervised. I ended up getting a large gash in my knee from a herd of donkeys slamming into my donkey as we were headed up the mountain and they were headed down.