Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by 24nascar48

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by 24nascar48
Celebrity Reflection
Celebrity Reflection
Member Name: 24nascar48
Cruise Date: July 2013
Embarkation: other
Destination: Western Mediterranean
See More About: Celebrity Reflection Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Very disappointed

On Monday July 29th my husband and I took a long awaited and much planned for Celebrity cruise. We chose an 11 day Mediterranean cruise on Celebrity Reflection. Having cruised on four other cruise lines in the past we had certain expectations. Celebrity was named the best premium cruise line however our experience was well below premium. Unfortunately we were very disappointed with many different aspects of the cruise.

We found a large majority of the staff to be less than cordial and often times rude. Many times they stood talking to each other and ignoring us while we waited for their attention, their personal conversations were clearly much more important than their jobs. In the buffet most of the time we had to get our own drinks because there was no one around to offer drink service. The female bathroom attendants who were supposed to be attending the bathrooms were instead sitting in there on the counters talking on their cell phones.

On the fourth day of the cruise the 14th floor buffet ran out of diet coke, romaine lettuce, and candy for the ice-cream bar. We assumed after our next port stop they would replenish at least the diet coke but we were wrong, we went the rest of the cruise without being able to get diet soda in the buffet area or a salad we enjoyed.

The bathrooms went 3 days without hand towels, we were told the washing machine broke but that the towels would return the following day, they returned 3 days later.

The entertainment on the ship was absolutely sub-par, the singers were no better than average bar singers which ruined all the shows. Unfortunately the only good performers were the comedians and magician, but the magician's luggage got lost so he had nothing to work with except playing cards.

I went to the spa for a massage and instead of getting treated like I was in a spa, I checked in and then was sent on my way to find the locker rooms and waiting room on my own. My massage was less about a good massage and more about trying to sell me products. Honestly, it wasn't relaxing at all and was a complete waste of both time and money.

On a positive note our room attendant (room 6180) was wonderful and so was the bar attendant (Jimmy) in the casino. They were the only two employees we encountered who knew how to treat cruise guests.

In all, this cruise was a 50th birthday present from my husband and although we made the best of it we were very disappointed in the whole experience. This was not at all what we expected from a Celebrity cruise.

Publication Date: 09/17/13