Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by ZMS11

Cruise Date: February 2013
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)
Destination: South Pacific
Cabin Category: L
See More About: Radiance of the Seas Cruise Reviews | South Pacific Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Fantastic first time cruise

This was our first cruise. It was the 8 of us which was great. If you can, take friends!! It is so much better to go with friends and family.

The cruise was an 11 night cruise from Sydney Australia to the South Pacific Islands. There were 6 ports in total. 1. Isle of Pines, 2 Mystery Island, 3 Champagne Bay, 4 Port Vila, 5 Lifou, 6 Noumea.

Embarkation was smooth and pleasant took around 40 minutes to get on-board. As were on deck 9 we were able to board the ship at 11.30 so we did.

Everything was just I remembered from all the photos from the broacher which I had been looking for 10 long months.

Our room was an inside room. It was spacious, clean and practical. There are so many space in the cabinets.

Our steward was Sebastian who was always helpful,efficient and friendly.

There are plenty of places on the ship to hang around and relax and enjoy the beautiful view if u r in an inside cabin! Great savings as I call it.

Main dinning dinner was an absolute delightful experience. We had dinner there for 10 nights and 1 night at the Brazilian Restaurant. Our friends tried Giovanni's restaurant twice cos it was sensational they said!

We loved the main dinning room. It is just beautiful , we took so many photos! We tried so many things as we were sitting with our family and friends and it was a great opportunity to order and try more things but not wasting.

Our beautiful waiters! Iputu and Marshal! And our gorgeous drink waiter Marleen! Hey hey hey !!!she greeted us every night! They went out their ways to make us happy. But we were anyway! They knew our names by the second night! I have to mention that we are Australian-Hungarians with not easy names!

The shows were good. Not always for our age group but still good. Music was every where on the ship which I loved! Clubs and pubs were so beautifully done and had an amazing atmosphere. The whole ship had a magical atmosphere! There are windows and open spaces all around! So you can see and u do not feel claustrophobic.

Pool party was the best! We had the best night!

Windjammer buffet we loved for the afternoon tea!!! We only ate there a few times but had afternoon tea there everyday! That was the icing on the cake for us on our cruise!

Food is good there a typical buffet which we are not a big fan of on land anyway.

BBQ by the pool was just out of this world! Unbelievable how much food they served!

The islands were beautiful! We had the perfect weather I have to say! Snorkelling was a must do on the islands so we did. Woooow. It was breathtaking on Mystery Island.

Lifou was the other favourite! I swam with turtles!

We did not purchased any excursion via the cruise line.

But went on private excursion for much less money run by the locals on Port Villa, Lifou and Noumea.

Tenders were used on the Islands and was quick and smooth to get on and off the ship. When docked it was even easier. Only took 2 minutes to get off and on the ship.

We took 5 and 10 dollar notes (AU) and we were able to pay everywhere with that.

My husband and my father in-law were very scared that they were gonna get sea sick! NO!!!!! They were not even dizzy not for a minute!

The ship is very stable! However my dear friend got sea sick (first night).

But she went down to the medical centre and got a injection and tablets and was never sea sick again on the 11 night cruise.

So it was a fantastic first cruise and looking forward to having more and more. We did book on-board our now fourth cruise. What a great deal we got! Do consider to see a consultant while you are on-board.

I would cruise on Radiance of the Seas and with RCI again any day.

Our next cruise is on Rhapsody of the Seas and looking forward to it very much so. w are also cruising on Celebrity so I will keep you informed.

Publication Date: 09/17/13