Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by spotdog32

Member Name: spotdog32
Cruise Date: September 2013
Embarkation: New Orleans
Cabin Category: 8B
See More About: Carnival Conquest Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Big Easy Cruise

Well this was our 11 cruise all on Carnival. We have never sailed out of New Orleans so this was our first. We started by leaving Chicago on The Amtrak which was really neat although 2 hours behind ( never caught up) it was still a lot of fun to travel this way.

The Conquest is still a beautiful ship despite her age everywhere you looked it was clean and people were cleaning and painting to keep her sharp. I have read reviews about her in the past that talks about the crew being rude, I never found ONE everywhere we went they smiled and said HELLO, our room steward SUGI meet us right away and never forgot our names. Dinner was not bad sometimes the food came out warm but never cold, "people were feeding 3,000 guests", OKAY. I never encountered a line for food on the Lido deck and we were full. Our cabin was warm and that is a real change because in the past it has always been cold, next time a fan will be brought.

I have in the past talked about trying to travel and navigate a wheel chair around these boats although we had some problems, like the 4th floor trying to get into the dining room through the photo gallery was one obstacle Carnival needs to address. If you see someone pushing a wheel chair into a theater and your in the HANDICAPP location and do not need it PLEASE move it is very hard and very disrespectable to that person, that needs that spot. Carnival is doing better by marking off certain location but more can and should be done. The Diva's didn't like it Latin Nights never say it overall Carnival has stopped the big Vegas shows why DON'T KNOW, and this new LED screen stuff STINKS!!!! No live bands anymore all music is taped.

Overall me and my wife had a very good cruise, the sail down the Mississippi was very interesting and well worth it you can spend Sunday night watching it roll by. I feel in my minds eye Carnival is changing has changed and some for the better some for bad, I mean after 11 cruises your corporation leaves me a HAT!!! Gee Thanks, not that I'm looking for the keys to the KINGDOM but......... That's all I have to say on that subject and the welcome back party lets just say next year I will skip. Maybe Carnival can do away with that and bring back the FUTURE CRUISE CERIFICATE. The only to get on board credit now is get their CREDIT CARD and book or use your own CC and book. WHAT IF I'M NOT SURE WHERE I WANT TO GO???? What if your credit is not to good and you can not get a credit card?? So Carnival in that sense has blown that, part of repeat business.

Publication Date: 09/17/13