Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by spotdog32: Big Easy Cruise

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Big Easy Cruise

Sail Date: September 2013
Embarkation: New Orleans

Well this was our 11 cruise all on Carnival. We have never sailed out of New Orleans so this was our first. We started by leaving Chicago on The Amtrak which was really neat although 2 hours behind ( never caught up) it was still a lot of fun to travel this way.

The Conquest is still a beautiful ship despite her age everywhere you looked it was clean and people were cleaning and painting to keep her sharp. I have read reviews about her in the past that talks about the crew being rude, I never found ONE everywhere we went they smiled and said HELLO, our room steward SUGI meet us right away and never forgot our names. Dinner was not bad sometimes the food came out warm but never cold, "people were feeding 3,000 guests", OKAY. I never encountered a line for food on the Lido deck and we were full. Our cabin was warm and that is a real change because in the past it has always been cold, next time a fan will be brought.

I have in the past talked about trying to travel and More navigate a wheel chair around these boats although we had some problems, like the 4th floor trying to get into the dining room through the photo gallery was one obstacle Carnival needs to address. If you see someone pushing a wheel chair into a theater and your in the HANDICAPP location and do not need it PLEASE move it is very hard and very disrespectable to that person, that needs that spot. Carnival is doing better by marking off certain location but more can and should be done. The Diva's didn't like it Latin Nights never say it overall Carnival has stopped the big Vegas shows why DON'T KNOW, and this new LED screen stuff STINKS!!!! No live bands anymore all music is taped.

Overall me and my wife had a very good cruise, the sail down the Mississippi was very interesting and well worth it you can spend Sunday night watching it roll by. I feel in my minds eye Carnival is changing has changed and some for the better some for bad, I mean after 11 cruises your corporation leaves me a HAT!!! Gee Thanks, not that I'm looking for the keys to the KINGDOM but......... That's all I have to say on that subject and the welcome back party lets just say next year I will skip. Maybe Carnival can do away with that and bring back the FUTURE CRUISE CERIFICATE. The only to get on board credit now is get their CREDIT CARD and book or use your own CC and book. WHAT IF I'M NOT SURE WHERE I WANT TO GO???? What if your credit is not to good and you can not get a credit card?? So Carnival in that sense has blown that, part of repeat business. Less

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Conquest Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Conquest Balcony Lido 9276

Cabin 9276 my wife does not need a handicap room but needs a wheel chair for long distance, we get her close fold up the chair and in she goes. We chose this cabin because it is right off the elevators and it is so much easier to maneuver her around. We knew there would be noise but this was terrible and very LOUD it lasted until 2AM and started again at 6AM People don't need a outside voice INSIDE!! CABIN IS HOT!!!!! The only time it seemed cool was overnight while we were sailing and we kept the curtains closed in the daytime still did not help. The only pro you walk out and all of The Lido deck is right there waiting for you, swimming movies and food I would give this cabin a 5.

Where you dock is industrial and if you want to see anything it is a cab ride. There is a little port side market where we hopped off bought some souvenirs and that went back to the ship VERY HOT!!!

Read 775 Freeport Reviews

City Tour

(4)

Took the Conch Train for a ride around the city very interesting and informative to bad it started to storm once we got off it is not fun running and pushing a wheel chair only port where we had rain. Be careful going back on board when pushing a wheel chair ramps get very slippery. If you are Handicap be aware of the Bicycle Taxi they will try to take advantage of you or so we heard from another couple that it happened to on Key West.

Seven times in ten years of coming here never left the ship see it all done it all stayed on ship to relax swim and people watch.

Read 2624 Nassau Reviews