“The Big Cruise Ship that Couldn't Cruise”
Cruise review of Celebrity Millennium

HermineHaHa Celebrity Millennium 2 The Big Cruise Ship that Couldn't Cruise
HermineHaHa
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

I am furious with Celebrity and their parent company Royal Caribbean, and the Millenium for their thoughtless disregard for their 2100 passengers to sail a ship that had been stuck just a week previously in Seward Alaska and never completed that ship's committed itinerary. They left Vancouver on August 16th and after one day at sea we docked in Ketchikan, Alaska for 1 day and when we sailed from there within an hour or so the ship slowed down and the Captain came on the loudspeaker to announce there was a problem with one of the propellers and we would be returning to Kethcikan to deal with it. Day two in the small town of Kethcikan passes with the only announcement that they are still researching the problem. My husband and I begin to realize that this ship is not going anywhere and we book flights the next day from their small airport. The next morning at breakfast, the Captain announces "The cruise is over..Their experts are not able to solve the problem and Celebrity will provide charter flights out over the course of the following two days. We would also get 100% of our cruise fare returned as well as that amount applied to our next Celebrity booking. They announced for those passengers wishing to disembark that day to go to a certain lounge, which we did along with a dozen people. A sort of frenetic energy took over the ship. I saw the man in charge and said we had flights that day and he said we would be reimbursed for that and one night stay as the only place you can fly from there is Seattle or Anchorage. I told him I was cancelling the post cruise land trip four days hence and he said that would also be reimbursed.

NOW Celebrity refuses to reimburse any of those charges: the flight, the hotel nor the land trip and I am angry. I will file a claim with THEIR Trip Insurance but do not know what will happen. If they think I will cruise with them again even with this large incentive, they are mistaken. What makes this especially maddening as they are in a large lawsuit against the manufacturer of the propellers, who are known to have problems and Royal Caribbean has already replaced the same propellers on other ships. If I had the energy I would file a class action lawsuit against this Company for malicious intent. They knew there were problems and still chose to sail. Unconscionable!

I liked many of the crew, Qsine restaurant and the public spaces. I did not like the food mostly and could not even get a decent bowl of berries for breakfast. The hot tub was not hot, the lounge chairs did not change positions nor did they have comfortable pillow cushions on them.

All in all I certainly am a unhappy Celebrity one time cruiser! I had a 7 week, three segment cruise booked on this ship leaving Honolulu on November 2nd with them, but obviously have cancelled that after both the fiasco and aftermath and I could not see spending 7 weeks on this ship with the bad memories!.

Celebrity Millennium Cruises to Alaska

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Millennium Review
Celebrity Millennium Cruises to Alaska
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?