Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by mdleather

Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

Best Cruise Yet!

I had a fabulous cruise experience on this gigantic ship as we traveled with another couple. Embarkment was very easy and quick and we were very satisfied with our balcony overlooking Central Park. One tip is when you close your balcony door, push the knob straight down, if you do not, the ac will not turn back on! Shower is small but is ok unless you are really, really big. Beds are almost like a 5 star hotel bed, really comfortable. Our room was in the middle of the two elevators so we had a lot of walking to do, no matter where we were headed. I did not mind that as I like to exercise.

The shows are very entertaining as we saw all of them. You really should reserve the shows and your dining before you get on the ship or you will have to wait in line to get into a show. We found that with reservations we did not have to get there 20-30 minutes before the show in order to get a good seat as other reviews had explained.

We did no specially restaurants as the Opus dining room was superb and I did not believe that the specially restaurants was worth the extra money. Other reviews raved about the roast beef sandwiches in the Park cafe, but maybe I was expecting too much, but I found those sandwiches only pretty good. The Solarium bistro was very good for lunch and for a few breakfasts.

We enjoyed the water aerobics 3 mornings and there are many hot tubs to enjoy.

We did the Dolphins Swim at the Chankadee Park,spelling ?, and it was superb! I researched the two Dolphin Experiences and found the Chankadee Park, spelling ? to be more enjoyable than the Dolphinaris Dolphin experience because the Park has more thing to do there, Manatee experience, Seal show,and a Iguanas exhibit!

AS the other reviews will tell you the photos that they try to sell you are superb but way too expensive, $35 for one. We did buy one. Don't miss the two parades, they are a blast, but get there at least 30 minutes early in order to get a seat.

Missed the zip line but it was a very short zip line, We did the carpet golf and it was fun

Bingo was a big disappointment as we paid $52 for only 3 or 4 games and we were given a computer to do the game for us and it was not as much fun with us punching the holes and it was just too expensive.

The exercise room was great and I used it twice during the week. My wife got a very good facial as well as buying some arch supports for her shoes.

Pictures are taking everywhere and they are great,but expensive but we did buy two of them.

Everyone one on the ship was very friendly except my wife had a very bad experience with the guy in charge of the art auction who was offering free champayne just for showing up there but my wife and her friend went there twice at the time he said and never was given any champayne and he came across as being very rude.

Overall, this ship experience is excellent, fabulous and I highly recommend it to everyone.

Publication Date: 09/17/13