Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by gforce1108: Breakaway to Bermuda. Way better than the NCL Jewel

gforce1108
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Norwegian Breakaway Bermuda Cruises

Breakaway to Bermuda. Way better than the NCL Jewel

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

I think I spoiled myself having my first experience being Royal Caribbean. Everything was near perfect. Second cruise was NCL jewel to the Bahamas which absolutely sucked. I figured with a brand new ship, how badly could they screw this one up?

As many others have mentioned, the ship is way too crowded. Very happy we got a balcony room to escape from the wild children running around (and jousting with the shuffleboard equipment). The cigar bar stunk up everything in the surrounding area, even on another deck. Open smoking all over the place including the balconies too.

The Garden Cafe was a major improvement over the Breeze and the pub style restaurant was quite nice as well. I refuse to pay the additional cover charges at almost every other place. Entertainment was decent if you could book a show. Almost everything booked solid very early because the areas are undersized.

Bermuda was beautiful as expected... If it wasn't so expensive, I'd skip the cruise More and fly there.

I would consider booking another on this ship only if it was when school was in session and if the price was right. Otherwise, it's back to Royal Caribbean or one of the better cruise lines. Less

Read more Norwegian Breakaway cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Breakaway Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Breakaway 13742

Overall decent room. Big bed. Balcony a little small and got noisy, especially from the shuffleboard court (6 decks) below. Also, the noise from others out on their balconies seemed to be amplified by the acoustics. Everything else in the room was perfect.

Crystal Cave

(5)

Toured both sets of caves. $22 for one or $30 for both. Really interesting. I visited Bermuda about 7 years ago and didn't even know they existed. Beautiful.

Glass Bottom Boat

I'm sure we could have booked it ourselves cheaper, but the price wasn't bad. Did a night time tour of a shipwreck. Really enjoyable.

Horseshoe Bay Beach

(5.5)

Second visit - always beautiful. No need to book excursion, get the transportation pass and the bus drops you off.

Maritime Museum

(4)

Hamilton is mostly shops and we were looking for something more substantial. The museum is decent. Informative, well laid out and reasonably priced. Nothing to write home about either.