Carnival Valor Cruise Review by ms cruise concierge

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Valor Cruise Review by ms cruise concierge
Carnival Valor
Carnival Valor
Member Name: ms cruise concierge
Cruise Date: August 2013
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 8D
See More About: Carnival Valor Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

The Perfect Honeymoon!

Embarkation Day:

My husband and myself decided the Southern Caribbean would be the perfect place to spend our honeymoon. When we arrived in San Juan PR we headed straight to Pinones for some Alcapurria (deep fried heaven) before going to the Carnival Valor. We are Platinum status with Carnival and enjoyed our private check in. The first night on the ship was fantastic. The sail away deck party was fun and we loved all the Spanish music on the ship also.

Day 1

We arrived in ST. Thomas and headed straight for Coki beach (via taxi). This is a fun place to visit, we fed thousands of fish Milk Bone dog biscuits while standing in water up to our ankles, there is a big drop off near the edge of the water so this was a perfect place to snorkel or just see the fish without even getting wet. There were many iguanas roaming around and we enjoyed taking pictures of them. We also used the free phone service (us port) to make all our friends jealous who were working on Monday morning.

Day 2

This was our formal night and fun day at sea.

We enjoyed the entertainment on the ship, the comedy club, the music on deck and the music in the public lounges/bars were great. We really enjoyed the Bob Marley live concert on the pool deck movie screen at night, "Wobbling" in the disco and Salsa dancing with the Latin Band. We actually saw ourselves on the Carnival video in our stateroom many times as we were dancing fools on this cruise. My husband resembles George Lopez so needless to say the Comedy shows were a blast for us. 4 comedians total and they were all FUNNY!!!

Our dinning experience was a little shaky at firs, there was always a long wait for my time dinning in the Lincoln dinning room, so after two nights we requested to be moved to scheduled late dinning in the Washington dinning room. This was the best decision we could have made. 8:30 is a great time to eat with this itinerary because it gave us a chance to rest and dress for dinner with our rushing.

Day 3

We arrived in Barbados and did a city beach tour with a local taxi service. We did not book ahead of time took a chance we would get a good driver and we did! He was fantastic he purchased local food for us to try and even had his friends give us "bread fruit" that was cooked in a fire made right in the street.

We visited St. James Church, Plantations and then ended up at the beach, The beaches in Barbados have pink sand. It looks and feels like talcum powder until it gets wet then it has red flakes on it!! Absolutely Beautiful!

Day 4

ST LUCIA! GOOD VIBES!!

45 years on this planet and I must say

"This was the BEST DAY OF MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!!"

If you want to make certain you have the best experience possible in ST. Lucia then you must book ahead of time with "JOE KNOWS TOURS!" I emailed them 2 weeks before we left and confirmed a pick up at the cruise port. (no deposit was required) When we arrived we were greeted by JR our tour guide, we knew he was special just by the way he greeted us. He lead us to his speed boat parked in the water taxi area and we sped off to Sandals to pick up some other honeymoon couples.

Then off to the Pitons we went!! Music playing and rum punch flowing. After getting some great shots of the Pitons from the water we were taken to the mud baths at the volcano. This was awesome (except for the smell of sulfur). First, you cover each other in mud, then you let it dry, then you get in a warm mud bath to take it off. Don't worry if it does not all come off because you are headed to a beautiful waterfall that is sure to remove any excess. My skin felt so smooth and soft afterward. (caution the mud will stain your bathing suite).

Then we went to a fabulous restaurant over looking the Pitons, we drank the Piton's beer and ate some of the best local food you can imagine.

Then it was back to the boat for more rum punch and another adventure.

We were speeding across the Caribbean sea with the music and rum punch flowing then all of a sudden JR said "I want to play my favorite song" next thing we know we were listening to "SWEET HOME ALABAMA". He played all kinds of music Country, Hip Hop, pop, Caribbean we even sang the "Fresh Prince" theme song (the rum punch had really kicked in by then) the system on the boat was excellent!!

The last stop was at a secluded beach area where we all jumped out of the boat snorkeled up to the shore. It was like swimming in the most beautiful Dr's office aquarium imaginable.

This was an unbelievable day, JR, BK and CJ were the most professional and fun tour guides I have ever experienced. When it comes to ST. Lucia and Customer SATISFACTION, nobody knows like "JOE KNOWS"!!

Day 5

When we first got off the ship in ST. Kitts we were greeted my the local monkeys!!

Be prepared they charge 5.00 to take a picture but they are very cute and friendly. We did another local tour with a taxi. I prefer to book locally because it supports the locals on that island.

We visited many beautiful panoramic locations and went into a rain forest but the beach was my favorite part, they had black sand and the water was amazing!!

Day 6

St. Maarten

We have been to Orient Beach and that was fun however, this time we decided to go to Maho beach and watch the planes come in. This is amazing!! We took the taxi over enjoyed the experience! My Husband jumped on the fence and awaited the jet blasts, while I ran in the water to avoid the sand!! Avoid the food however, it was over priced and did not taste fresh.

Day 7 was back to San Juan

I must say this was a great trip, the only down side was awaiting to get on the ship after visiting the ports, sometimes we waited 45 mins to get back on the ship. Also, Carnival scheduled the VIP party at 5:30 on a day when we were in port(I guess so nobody would show up or to save on liquor?)

I would however recommend this cruise to everyone it was a wonderful experience we met many great people!!

My top three things were, Joe Knows Tours, the comedy club comedians and the warm chocolate melting cake (as always).

Publication Date: 09/17/13