Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by vegaspat: GREAT TIME ON THE CARNIVAL BREEZE

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Southern Caribbean Cruises

GREAT TIME ON THE CARNIVAL BREEZE

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean

The embarkation process was very uneventful. We arrived via hotel shuttle around 1 pm and waited in lines no more than 20 minutes total. The ship is bigger than I expected. Really liked the decor. There are a couple of spots where you have to go up one floor and back down to get to some locations.

Our inside cabin was 7356. It seems smaller than we are used to on Royal. There was no sofa. Not a big deal to us since the cabin is used for sleeping. It had plenty of storage for clothes. Located perfectly for us. Right around the corner from the elevators and stairs. Two floors above the fifth floor promenade area and three floors below the main pool deck area. We like using the stairs to work off the food.

The food choices were the best I've ever seen for lunch.

Guys burgers - burgers were freshly made and to order. Amazing toppings bar (bacon!)

Blue Iguana - custom made burritos. You choose the fillings

Marketplace buffet - Usual stuff (had a More deli area and chopped salad areas)

Pasta bar - the Italian restaurant (for free) prepares a bowl of your favorite pasta, toppings and fillings!

Pizza - Not too bad

Tandora (sp?) - Indian food. Not my thing but people really liked it. This has hot dogs/snacks late night

Sushi - loved this place it is open late as well. No cover charge. $4 - $8 a roll. Excellent value!!

Pool areas - They had the beach area where most lunch food was served. Really crowded. We stayed at the back of the boat where there wasn't a problem with getting a chair (never!). All the pools were really warm - didn't really refresh you but I liked it.

The adults' only area was strangely situated. No pool and two jacuzzi's. It was stationed near the kids play/water park area.

We had late sitting (8:15 pm) for dinner. Sat a table of eight but in a rectangle design. I would have preferred a round table. Enjoyed our tablemates. Food was very good for the most part. Deserts were below average. Loved the lobster night (Sunday). Our wait staff (Basil, Raymond and John) was one of the best we've had. Very attentive and quick! The bread they served was hot and soft - image that!

Entertainment - We went to the opening night show and it was funny. Butch who is the cruise director did a great job throughout the week. We saw the juggler who was very good/funny and the magician was very average.

The rest of the week we went to the comedy shows. There were four different comedians and all were pretty funny - two adult shows a night. Ben at the piano bar was a lot of fun and did a great job. Hasbro was very underwhelming to me I guess I expected more - one time was enough. No Quest show which I liked on other cruises.

Itinerary was very good.

Grand Turk - Not much local so only excursions. We went scuba diving (GT Diving) - very good

La Romania - Did the Seavis beach tour. Not bad but got bit up at the beach

Curacao - Did the dolphin encounter. Very good time. Shops close early at 6 pm

Aruba - Went to eagle/palm beach (Marriott resorts). Very relaxing. Did a lot of shopping

Loved the fact that you can do laundry part way thru the cruise. It was about $8 for one full load including detergent that they sell. Just swipe your card. The machines are rather large too.

Played VB and dodge ball - lots of fun. They get really intense during dodge ball!! Amazingly we never used the gym - always had an excuse!!

I would really recommend this cruise. Especially going during Labor day week since there was only about 200 kids on board since school had already started. Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>

Scuba - Certified

Not much local so only excursions. We went scuba diving (GT Diving)  very good

Saona Island

(4)

Did the Seavis beach tour. Not bad but got bit up at the beach