Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by terp2053: A Spectacular Ship
Overall Member Rating
A Spectacular Ship
Destination: Western Caribbean
Embarkation: Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
First of all, the Oasis of the Seas is just an incredible ship. It is nearly impossible to describe the size and layout of the ship.
Almost everything that I would write about this ship is positive:
* The RCI has embarkation down to a science. We arrived early, flew through the process then waited for just a few minutes to be called on to the ship.
* The size of the ship makes it perfect for anyone fearing seasickness. We actually kind of missed the little roll of the ship at night. But for a first timer scared of being sick, it seems highly unlikely you could experience motion issues on this ship.
* Ship public areas and rooms seemed to be in good shape.
* Reasonable size cabin and balcony. If you do not need connecting doors between rooms, stay away from these rooms as the sound seems to travel. Not a big deal.
* Great service by cabin steward and the wait staff.
* Loved walking down the promenade and Central Park each More evening. These are beautiful areas.
* Entertainment, particularly the non-comic shows were of Broadway caliber.
* Aqua show was equally fabulous.
* Food quality in the Windjammer, Park Cafe, and Main Dinning Room was always excellent.
* While the outside decks were crowded on sea days, it is always possible to find a lounge chair in either the shade or the sun.
* Great workout facility and a nearly 1/2 mi jogging track....helped keep off the weight.
* On and off in port was a snap and quicker than I ever remember on other ships.
Having said all of the above, I wish you could get everything I liked about this ship on a little smaller ship. At times it did not even seem like we were at sea. Additionally, on a ship this size, the beaches at Labadee were packed.....way more than when you are on the Freedom of the Seas. 6000 people getting off a ship in most ports overwhelms the beach areas. This is not an RCCI issue, just my preference for a little less on the crowds. On the ship, however, I never felt the crowds.
Overall a great time! Less
Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>
Cabin review: D412864 Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony
Read All Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony (D4) Reviews >>
Good but customer service need...
Wonderful time on the Paradise...
No Royal Treatment
Oasis didn't fail to amaze!
Oasis of the Seas October 8, 2...