Thomson Majesty Cruise Review by wilmour: Brilliant Majesty Cruise

Brilliant Majesty Cruise

Sail Date: August 2013
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

Booked this cruise about 10 months prior to sailing as I wanted to visit Venice and this was the best I noted. This was our 5th cruise but our first with Thomsons, our last two cruises were on the Celebrity Eclipse on deck 8/9. I was a bit worried when I looked at the negative review and also the fact my husband was not happy that the cabin did not have a balcony. Had booked an outside plus cabin on deck 8/9 and also the drinks package which was half price when I booked the cruise.

Flight etc was good and arrived on time, check-in was fast and we were on board very quickly. We were very happy when we saw the cabin. Two single beds which were very narrow but comfortable, lots of drawer and hanging space, more than in some hotels we have stayed. TV, fridge, hair dryer (bring your own) air com.

The life boats were on this deck but we had a clear unobstructed view of the ports etc. Thank goodness.

We went straight up to deck 10 to the buffet restaurant, Cafe More Royale, for lunch and a glass of wine, which was lovely.

We had breakfast and lunch each day here and dinner in the Seven Seas restaurant. We particularly enjoyed dining in this restaurant. We had the same table for 2 each evening and the waiters, Don and Junior were fantastic.

We loved them and also Raymond who kept our glasses full through out dinner. The food choices were first class and we could not fault anything.

We then usually went to the Theatre and watched some superb shows.

We also had a brilliant time each day visiting all the different ports.

We really thoroughly enjoyed this cruise and cruise ship. I think the friendly staff made it all the better and the fabulous food. Absolutely no complaints other than the freezing air con which I went twice to Reception to complain about. Freezing in the cabins sometimes.

Can't wait to go on another Thomsons cruise. Less