“Enjoyed the new ship, but noted impacts on cost cutting”
Cruise review of Norwegian Breakaway

qvenedandan Norwegian Breakaway 4 Enjoyed the new ship, but noted impacts on cost cutting
qvenedandan
Member Since 2009
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

This was my third cruise with NCL (previously on Dawn and Gem).

Embarkation (5+): Easy and smooth. Arrived at 10:45am and walked through the gangway by 11:30am

Public Rooms (4): Contemporary touches and very clean, yet we wish they would keep some of the classic decors, like the grand staircase for the Main Dining Room (no staircase in Manhattan Room).

Cabin (4): Inside cabin for family of 4, tiny as expected, yet functional. The safe is way too small though. On the other hand, bathroom is relatively huge.

Fitness (3) and Recreation (5): Majority of group classes denote a charge. The new Aqua Park and Rope Course are nice and undoubtedly being the highlights of recreational activities.

Complimentary Dining (3) and Specialty Dining (5): Choices of food for complimentary dining are more limited. Used to have (a) cocktail shrimps as appetizer,(b) escargots available for one night, (c) more choices of seafood entrees, no more for this trip. We only went to Le Bistro (French) for specialty dining - good food as usual, but I prefer the old decor I saw in Dawn and Gem.

Entertainment (3): Used to see acrobats for free, but now we need to pay (i.e., Cirque Dream). Understood that they also offer set dinner, unfortunately the "surf and turf" entree was just so-so.

Services (5+): The crew members are great! No doubt that they work the best for customer satisfaction. I found myself smiling more throughout the week.

Value for Money (4): After settling the on-board statement, the total amount of money spent is considered fair. Just need to study Freestyle Dailies to get discounts on various events.

Overall (4): We enjoyed this cruise, thanks NCL!

Norwegian Breakaway Cruises to Bermuda
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Family Inside Stateroom

I113605
We stayed in category I1 (Family Inside Stateroom) - Room number 13605.There is a pole right outside of the cabin, bearing left of the door (when facing the hallway).Two single beds with two pull-mans. Tiny as expected, but functional.The safe is way too small (considering 4 people with their passports, wallets, cell phones, etc.)Bathroom is relatively huge - 2 people can stand in the showering area, 1 can stand next to the toilet and 1 can stand next to the sink.

Bermuda is a beautiful place.

We didn't take any excursion, as the public bus/ferry system is very easy to navigate. Reading the Bermuda Port of Call forum is extremely helpful!

We went to the popular attractions like Horseshoe Bay (for pink sand), Tobacco Bay (for snorkeling) and City of Hamilton (for Fort Hamilton). Had a great time visiting all these places.

Published 09/16/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Breakaway Review
Norwegian Breakaway Cruises to Bermuda
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?