Safari Endeavour Cruise Review by lnc

Member Name: lnc
Cruise Date: August 2013
Embarkation: Juneau
Destination: Alaska
See More About: Safari Endeavour Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Un-cruise Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
        3-6 5.0
        7-9 5.0
Shore Excursions 5+

Ship Facts: Safari Endeavour Review (by Cruise Critic!)
Amazing. Do it.

When we decided to go to Alaska, I was looking for a tour that would be intimate, active and real, without getting caught in touristy activities and gift shops. I also needed to find an approach that worked for both my young kids (6 and 9) and my father (75). It seemed like an impossible task. Except it wasn't.

We did an Un-Cruise "Luxury" cruise which threaded the needle perfectly. First, the boat is fantastic. Very comfortable, all amenities, excellent food and service, friendly staff. Barely felt a bump or wave. I have lot of unopened sea sickness meds because we never even thought about feeling woozy. We were impressed.

Second, the excursions are fantastic. Each morning and afternoon they give you choices (kayak, small boat, hiking, beach walk, etc.) with various areas of focus and intensity. Even if you're not an "outdoorsy, adventurous person" you can TOTALLY do this. The guides are SOOOO knowledgeable, friendly, fun, engaging and helpful. They provide great rain gear, boots, binoculars, advice, and a TON of information. I feel like a went to graduate school in the week we were on this boat.

It was VERY easy to have kids on this trip, even though it wasn't marketed as a kid or family trip. The staff engaged them, the kitchen made great kid-food for them, I always felt like they were safe, etc.

I don't think I have one mediocre thing to include in this review. There's really no other way to do Alaska. I can't recommend this highly enough. My family is trying to decide which Un-cruise trip to do next. I feel like we discovered a real gem of an outfit here. Book it.

Publication Date: 09/16/13
Read the Alaska ports review by lnc
More Safari Endeavour Cruise Reviews