Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Safari Endeavour Cruise Review by lnc: Amazing. Do it.

lnc
Member Since 2013

Family & Children 5.0

Amazing. Do it.

Sail Date: August 2013
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Juneau

When we decided to go to Alaska, I was looking for a tour that would be intimate, active and real, without getting caught in touristy activities and gift shops. I also needed to find an approach that worked for both my young kids (6 and 9) and my father (75). It seemed like an impossible task. Except it wasn't.

We did an Un-Cruise "Luxury" cruise which threaded the needle perfectly. First, the boat is fantastic. Very comfortable, all amenities, excellent food and service, friendly staff. Barely felt a bump or wave. I have lot of unopened sea sickness meds because we never even thought about feeling woozy. We were impressed.

Second, the excursions are fantastic. Each morning and afternoon they give you choices (kayak, small boat, hiking, beach walk, etc.) with various areas of focus and intensity. Even if you're not an "outdoorsy, adventurous person" you can TOTALLY do this. The guides are SOOOO knowledgeable, friendly, fun, engaging and helpful. They provide great More rain gear, boots, binoculars, advice, and a TON of information. I feel like a went to graduate school in the week we were on this boat.

It was VERY easy to have kids on this trip, even though it wasn't marketed as a kid or family trip. The staff engaged them, the kitchen made great kid-food for them, I always felt like they were safe, etc.

I don't think I have one mediocre thing to include in this review. There's really no other way to do Alaska. I can't recommend this highly enough. My family is trying to decide which Un-cruise trip to do next. I feel like we discovered a real gem of an outfit here. Book it. Less

Published 09/16/13

Read more Safari Endeavour cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Safari Endeavour Review >>

Cabin review: Safari Endeavour

Well organized. Was very easy to stay neat and feel comfortable in a small boat room. Great water pressure in the shower, comfy bed. TVs in each room with daily schedule and DVD players, and a DVD library which my kids made good use of in down time!

Juneau is a cute little town. Good to hear about Alaska culture and history, but we didn't spend much time. We did check out the Mendenhall Glacier and dog sledding. Fun, but was just a tiny warm up for the boat trip ahead.

Read 841 Juneau Reviews